A little advice about upgrading card pleez...

G

Hi people.
I currently have an ati rage 128 with 32 megs, but unfortunately i seriously need tv out for my needs. I will sell my current card for a good price(already made a deal) and was wondering what would you suggest that would be fairly cheap with tv out... I was thinking around geforce 2 mx... but should i get 200 or 400. P.S. how much improvement would i see in my graphical performance? I do play games and would like a 3d improvement while i'm upgrading anyway... but i think i'll see improvement with almost anything considering i'm running core/mem at 90/90

Right now my video is fine at CS running 640x480 after that it drops below 30 fps too often.

Running a penium 3 450.

Thnx a lot for any advice. Keep in mind it's on an agp 2x mobo so that means a really good vid card won't profit too much. I want a card that would not loose too much running at only 2x.

My mobo is ASUS p2b-f

It only supports pc100 and i don't want to o/c but i will if you say i can benefit a lot from ocing it.

There are only 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not!

G

Thnx i didn't know they came with tvout... i'm gonna look into that.. thnx a lot.

There are only 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not!

ya either that or get the radeon 64MB with VIVO ... OR!!! get the all in wonder radeon 8500DV! *DROOLS* has two firewire ports on it too! *drools!* also has tv tuner and VIVO(video in and video out) *drools* ... woops *gets towels* dam made a mess on the keyboard... show me a gefarce card with 2 firewire ports! heheh ... also the radeon series has much better image quality.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=9933" target="_new"> My Rig </A>

SerArthurDayne

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001
Someone actually *bought* a Rage 128 from you? The worst card in the history of ATI? I feel sorry for them...

If you wanna stay ATI, the LE isn't a bad deal, although you'll get better gaming performance out of a MX400, or better yet, a GTS without paying too much more. The tv-out on my Leadtek GTS works great.

"Laziness is a talent to be cultivated like any other" - Walter Slovotsky