Has anyone seen this error before?
"The task has been created but may not run because the account
information has not been set. The specific error is: 0X80004005:
unspecified error". Can someone please help? Thanks.

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Has anyone seen this error before?
> "The task has been created but may not run because the
> account
> information has not been set. The specific error is:
> 0X80004005:
> unspecified error". Can someone please help? Thanks.

Did you give the Task a user to run as?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Task-schedule-error-ftopict407754.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1353046

Sparda wrote:
> "" wrote:
> > Has anyone seen this error before?
> > "The task has been created but may not run because the
> > account
> > information has not been set. The specific error is:
> > 0X80004005:
> > unspecified error". Can someone please help? Thanks.
>
> Did you give the Task a user to run as?

How do you do what you said? "Did you give the Task a user to run as?"

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Sparda wrote:
> > "" wrote:
> > > Has anyone seen this error before?
> > > "The task has been created but may not run because the
> > > account
> > > information has not been set. The specific error is:
> > > 0X80004005:
> > > unspecified error". Can someone please help? Thanks.
> >
> > Did you give the Task a user to run as?
> >
> How do you do what you said? "Did you give the Task a user to
> run as?"

In windows XP and 2k, when you make a task you must give it a username
and password so that it can run with nessasery rights no matter who is
currently logged on.

Open the task properties, type the name of a user (probably a user
with admin rights) then click set password and enter the password of
the user.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Task-schedule-error-ftopict407754.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1354077

Sparda wrote:
> "" wrote:
> > Sparda wrote:
> > >
> > > Did you give the Task a user to run as?
> > >
> > How do you do what you said? "Did you give the Task a user to
> > run as?"
>
> In windows XP and 2k, when you make a task you must give it a username
> and password so that it can run with nessasery rights no matter who is
> currently logged on.
>
> Open the task properties, type the name of a user (probably a user
> with admin rights) then click set password and enter the password of
> the user.

When I was setting up the task I used my user name and password.