When I go to START, RUN, REGEDIT all I get is a dos box for a few
seconds and
then it disappears and that is all. Any help?

--
ScaldedDog

You may be the victim of a virus or malware. First, run a complete antivirus check, after you've updated the antivirus definitions.
You should do checks for "malware".
See The Parasite Fight Quick Fix Protocol at <http://www.aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm>

Once you're sure it is clean, run System File Checker. Place your XP CD in the CDROM drive.
(If setup pops-up just close (exit) that window).
From XP menus, select "Command Prompt". (or from Run menu, type
CMD <enter>

in the command prompt window type
SFC /SCANNOW <enter>

That would get System File Checker running, and recheck your versions of Windows system files

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

ScaldedDog wrote:
> When I go to START, RUN, REGEDIT all I get is a dos box for a few
> seconds and
> then it disappears and that is all. Any help?

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> When I go to START, RUN, REGEDIT all I get is a dos box for a
> few
> seconds and
> then it disappears and that is all. Any help?
>

> --
> ScaldedDog

try regedit.exe (insted of regedit), it sounds like a new file
(regedit.com) has been added by a virus or other form of malware, you
should do virus checks and spybot scan.

Spybot: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
AntiVir (Free antivirus program): http://www.free-av.com/

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-regedit-wont-start-ftopict407755.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1353043

I am also having this problem, regedit.exe worked for me..I am trying to
get rid of this virus i know i have one caused by a file, i have the
name of the file but its hard to find where it is in the registry

--
jendotdos

TRENDING THREADS