trouble with evga video card

G

i just recently installed an evga geforce mx200 and have an annoying problem. after playing any game my start button gets unreadable, when i click on it my programs still come up i just cant read the start button itself, also the left edge where it usually says windows is also unreadable.
i'm using windows 98se. hp 8662c amd athalon classic 750 mhz, 256meg ram. i have installed the latest drivers for my card and my monitor. i have also updated my bios. also updated my chipset from the amd website.
any ideas how to fix this
thanks

lamer_gamer

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
Sounds like maybe a refresh rate problem? Right click your desktop to get to "Display Properties". Click on the "Settings" tab, then the "Advanced" button. Click the "Adapter" tab. Try setting the refresh rate to "Adapter default". Maybe experiment with different settings, to get the best results.
This is my best guess, good luck!

My brain has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down

lamer_gamer

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
Sounds like maybe a refresh rate problem?
Hmmm... I guess not!
It sounded a lot like a problem that I had when I upgraded my vid card. However, the difference between my problem and yours, is that you experience it <i>only</i> after playing games.
I'm afraid at this point I'll have to defer to someone else here with more knowledge than myself (computers are only a hobbie for me, and others here are waaaay smarter than I am!).
Sorry I wasn't able to help, but keep us informed and let us know what the problem was. Good luck!

My brain has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down