Strange mouse movement

August 12, 2005 3:11:05 AM

I'm using a Logitec optical wireless mouse with Windows XP Pro. Every night
before closing down, I clear out the documents list. A while back, a strange
thing started happening. When I go through the motions to clear out the
documents, when I click Clear, Okay and Okay, the cursor/pointer jumps to the
middle of my desktop. This is the only time, using any program or doing anything
with the mouse, that it does this. It's strange, and a little annoying, even
though it's only a once or twice a day event. And the fact that it didn't do it
for over a year, then just suddenly started has me perplexed. Anyone have any
idea what could be going on? Thanks.

More about : strange mouse movement

August 12, 2005 9:17:17 AM

Hi,
I had the same problem with my Logitec optical (Wired) mouse I was told it
is caused by the Optical sensor that detects the movement getting confused due
to a fault. this was also after a year of use.
I now own a Belkin optical mouse and this has also developed the same problem.
I think it might be down to foreign matter getting onto the sensor?

"rfdjr1@optonline.net" wrote:

> I'm using a Logitec optical wireless mouse with Windows XP Pro. Every night
> before closing down, I clear out the documents list. A while back, a strange
> thing started happening. When I go through the motions to clear out the
> documents, when I click Clear, Okay and Okay, the cursor/pointer jumps to the
> middle of my desktop. This is the only time, using any program or doing anything
> with the mouse, that it does this. It's strange, and a little annoying, even
> though it's only a once or twice a day event. And the fact that it didn't do it
> for over a year, then just suddenly started has me perplexed. Anyone have any
> idea what could be going on? Thanks.

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 4:41:36 PM

Thanks. I cleaned the sensor, but why only in the case of clearing documents?
That's what I don't understand. If it did it all the time, it would make more
sense.
>Hi,
>I had the same problem with my Logitec optical (Wired) mouse I was told it
>is caused by the Optical sensor that detects the movement getting confused due
>to a fault. this was also after a year of use.
>I now own a Belkin optical mouse and this has also developed the same problem.
>I think it might be down to foreign matter getting onto the sensor?
>

>"rfdjr1@optonline.net" wrote:
>
>> I'm using a Logitec optical wireless mouse with Windows XP Pro. Every night
>> before closing down, I clear out the documents list. A while back, a strange
>> thing started happening. When I go through the motions to clear out the
>> documents, when I click Clear, Okay and Okay, the cursor/pointer jumps to the
>> middle of my desktop. This is the only time, using any program or doing anything
>> with the mouse, that it does this. It's strange, and a little annoying, even
>> though it's only a once or twice a day event. And the fact that it didn't do it
>> for over a year, then just suddenly started has me perplexed. Anyone have any
>> idea what could be going on? Thanks.

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 6:34:54 PM

Check for the latest available drivers and remove the older ones. Then,
install the newer one. You have have a driver problem that the later
release fixed.

Also, make sure you do not use the optical mice and surface that is "very"
reflective. You may cause a "false" movemnet detection.

!