Over the last month I have had the same issue. My computer shuts itself down
after 10, 20 or and hour. We have tried many things. The fan works fine,
and the plug ins i use are fine. I sent the computer to a friend and it ran
fine without shutting itself off once.

Last week my friend tried reloading the monitor, the computer ran for 3 days
without shutting off once and then once again it started acting up.

Help Anyone

It could be a heat related issue. Your BIOS setting may have system shutdown
enabled for CPU protection.

"Jodi" wrote:

> Over the last month I have had the same issue. My computer shuts itself down
> after 10, 20 or and hour. We have tried many things. The fan works fine,
> and the plug ins i use are fine. I sent the computer to a friend and it ran
> fine without shutting itself off once.
>
> Last week my friend tried reloading the monitor, the computer ran for 3 days
> without shutting off once and then once again it started acting up.
>
> Help Anyone

AdvantageTechSupport

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
Because the machine ran fine at your friend's house, it's most likely a power issue. Try a different wall outlet, preferably running to a different circuit. Grab a UPS (battery backup) and even a line conditioner. Plug the pc into the UPS and the UPS into the line conditioner. You may have to use an extension cord to the best wall outlet. If you have a multimeter check the voltages at the wall, but it still may be sagging intermittently...hence the need for a conditioner/UPS.

UPS
http://www.staples.com/office/suppl..._Supplies_10051_true_SC3:CG75:DP1916:CL141931

Line conditioner
http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/st...r_-1_10052_10002_-49957977_cmCategorySA-10001