tower drawer

my tower drawer cdplayer is stuck closed. cd is inside. won't eject. HELP
4 answers Last reply
More about tower drawer

    That does not seem to be a Win XP related problem.

    However, look on the front of the drive for a small round hole. Push a
    straightened paper clip in there an that should open the door.

    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's

    "chfinman" wrote:

    > my tower drawer cdplayer is stuck closed. cd is inside. won't eject. HELP

    Thank you for your respone. You are right this is not an WIN XP problem. I
    tried the suggestion posted with a straight paperclip insertted into the
    little round hole and the drawer remains closed. My son inserted a cd he did
    not recognize inside. Is it possible that the cd is effecting the tower
    drawer?

    Or

    1) use Windows "format" and create an MS-DOS Boot floppy. Reboot with the
    MS-DOS boot floppy and try the "eject" button.

    2) Right click on the CD-Rom Player icon in "My Computer" icon and select
    "Eject"

    "VManes" <vmanes@N0SP&Mrap.midco.net> wrote in message
    > That does not seem to be a Win XP related problem.
    >
    > However, look on the front of the drive for a small round hole. Push a
    > straightened paper clip in there an that should open the door.
    >
    > --
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > "We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's
    > Crystals...
    > let's watch what happens."
    > ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    > "chfinman" <chfinman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > my tower drawer cdplayer is stuck closed. cd is inside. won't eject. HELP

    I doubt that the contents of the CD is doing this

    When using the eject hole, don't be afraid to be a bit forceful.

    Is it possible that the CD was not insterted flat, and may be jammed inside?

    In any case, it may come down to removing the CD drive from the computer and
    trying more forceful methods.

    Val

    "chfinman" wrote:

    > my tower drawer cdplayer is stuck closed. cd is inside. won't eject. HELP

    Thank you for your respone. You are right this is not an WIN XP problem. I
    tried the suggestion posted with a straight paperclip insertted into the
    little round hole and the drawer remains closed. My son inserted a cd he
    did
    not recognize inside. Is it possible that the cd is effecting the tower
    drawer?

Support Microsoft CD-Rom Windows XP