my tower drawer cdplayer is stuck closed. cd is inside. won't eject. HELP

That does not seem to be a Win XP related problem.

However, look on the front of the drive for a small round hole. Push a
straightened paper clip in there an that should open the door.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's

"chfinman" wrote:

> my tower drawer cdplayer is stuck closed. cd is inside. won't eject. HELP

Thank you for your respone. You are right this is not an WIN XP problem. I
tried the suggestion posted with a straight paperclip insertted into the
little round hole and the drawer remains closed. My son inserted a cd he did
not recognize inside. Is it possible that the cd is effecting the tower
drawer?

Or

1) use Windows "format" and create an MS-DOS Boot floppy. Reboot with the
MS-DOS boot floppy and try the "eject" button.

2) Right click on the CD-Rom Player icon in "My Computer" icon and select
"Eject"

"VManes" <vmanes@N0SP&Mrap.midco.net> wrote in message
> That does not seem to be a Win XP related problem.
>
> However, look on the front of the drive for a small round hole. Push a
> straightened paper clip in there an that should open the door.
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~
> "We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's
> Crystals...
> let's watch what happens."
> "chfinman" <chfinman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my tower drawer cdplayer is stuck closed. cd is inside. won't eject. HELP

I doubt that the contents of the CD is doing this

When using the eject hole, don't be afraid to be a bit forceful.

Is it possible that the CD was not insterted flat, and may be jammed inside?

In any case, it may come down to removing the CD drive from the computer and
trying more forceful methods.

Val