When XP Windows records something/anything in System Restore...for
example....
9:33:52 PM Installed Windows XP KB821253..................
Is this restore point a copy of my system BEFORE I made the instillation
or
AFTER I made the instillation?
Thanks for your consideration and assistance!!!

"Me/PDX" <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>When XP Windows records something/anything in System Restore...for
>example....
>9:33:52 PM Installed Windows XP KB821253..................
>Is this restore point a copy of my system BEFORE I made the instillation
>or
>AFTER I made the instillation?
>Thanks for your consideration and assistance!!!

When an automatic restore point is made because of a program install
or update then the restore point is for the system as it was before
that specific install or update was made.

See MVP Bert Kinney's System Restore pages:
http://bertk.mvps.org/index.html for more detailed information about
system restore.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

In article <0eVKe.87$DV3.31@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>, Me/PDX says...
> When XP Windows records something/anything in System Restore...for
> example....
> 9:33:52 PM Installed Windows XP KB821253..................
> Is this restore point a copy of my system BEFORE I made the instillation
> or
> AFTER I made the instillation?
> Thanks for your consideration and assistance!!!

Before. Otherwise how could you roll BACK?

--
Conor

If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened
rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic
music.

Paul

Splendid

I searched the kb article number that you listed and its about the update for windows error
reporting correct?
Did you download and save the update to disk for later use or did you access the download via your
system tray windows update icon (next to the clock)? I ask this because if its the later then it
more than likely downloaded it and installed it automatically depending on your individual settings
(you can set it to ask before installing or downloading etc). In the end as far as I'm aware only
you can know which came first, did you install it first or did you do the restore point first.
Hope that helps.
Paul