Email server

August 12, 2005 3:12:03 AM

After i dial up and go on to my email (outlook express) after 60 seconds an
error message says "Your POP3 server has responded in 60 seconds. would you
like to wait another 60 seconds for the server to respond" how do i fix this
since i can not recieve my mail.
windows XP
ISP: XTRA

More about : email server

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 6:28:07 PM

This error is usually the result of the following:

1) Your email provider server has a problem, at their end

2) You have a networking problem. You local TCP/IP setting may be/are
corrupt.

3) Your dial-up phone line is not reliable. You get too much "static" of
the phone wire.

4) DSL or cable Internet: Problem with your DSL/cable modem unit and/or
line service.

5) Check for viruses and spyware on your PC. Clear out all temporary
files.

6) Check for all Windows Updates

Answers:

1) Call your email provider and ask if there is any problems with their
email server/service. Also, you could ask them to check your email accout
so as to makre sure it is ok and not damaged.

2) Locate and download "Winsockxpfix.exe". This utility should reset the
TCP/IP protocol stack back to defaults.

3) Call your telephone line provider and ask them to check your line.

4) Call your DSL/cable service provider Tech. Support line. They
will/should get you to do serveral test of the DSL/cable unit. If the unit
is included as a rental as part of the service, the Tech Support agent
will/should authorize the sending of a replacement unit to you. The agent
should also have the autorization to get your DSL/cable line check so as to
make sure that the signal is getting to you.

5) Viruses and spywares can slow down your PC and also use up your Internet
access. If you have slow Internet, it is possible that Outlook Express
"times-out" because your PC is busy do other things.

6) Updates to Windows fixes problems discovered recently. Most Windows
updates are supposed to fix issues.

!