Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Acer 5336 white screen

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
February 13, 2013 6:30:32 PM

I have an acer 5336 and when I try to turn it on sometimes it will come and other times it wont. When it does come it starts to boot normally then the screen will start to get fuzzy then stays white and never recovers. I have to take the battery out to turn it off then it wont turn back on for a while. What could be the troble with this laptop? It isnt very old. Does anone know what I can try to get this fixed? Thanks in advance. Shawna

More about : acer 5336 white screen

a c 249 D Laptop
February 13, 2013 8:53:18 PM

Hi :) 

Try it on an EXTERNAL MONITOR.... if its the same its the motherboard graphics gone , if its ok, then its screen or inverter....

All the best Brett :) 
Score
February 14, 2013 10:23:16 AM

Brett928S2 said:

Try it on an EXTERNAL MONITOR.... if its the same its the motherboard graphics gone , if its ok, then its screen or inverter....

Hi Brett,
I tried that and it immediately says going to sleep. Is it possible that there is a loose connection? I dont know where to look for one, if you know(and its possible) could you please explain what to look for? The reason I ask if it could be loose is because my son had dropped it just a little bit before it started doing this. Thanks Shawna
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a c 249 D Laptop
February 14, 2013 4:14:07 PM

28shawna said:
Hi Brett,
I tried that and it immediately says going to sleep. Is it possible that there is a loose connection? I dont know where to look for one, if you know(and its possible) could you please explain what to look for? The reason I ask if it could be loose is because my son had dropped it just a little bit before it started doing this. Thanks Shawna

If it was dropped you may have other damage to motherboard or hard drive...

Take it to a Laptop Repair shop, for diagnosis, it may WELL be well beyond economical repair...

a c 249 D Laptop
February 21, 2013 9:26:52 PM

Best answer selected by Brett928S2.
Score
a c 244 D Laptop
February 22, 2013 11:20:25 AM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
Score
!