Money 2006 "a communication error has occured"

keith

I recently upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2006 Deluxe. When trying to
open my Money 2002 Backup file, I get "A communication error has occured.
Please try your call again"

-Then Money crashes completely and sends an error report to Microsoft.

The Event Viewer states :
The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Money Error
Reporting ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary
registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is
part of the event: msmoney.exe, 15.0.0.513, unknown, 0.0.0.0, 00000000.

Fitz

Since this is an XP help group, you're probably better served in the
"microsoft.public.money" group. That's where the money gurus will be.