Are there any Virtual Desktops out there ?

G

I'd really like to upgrade - I've hung on to my Ati Xpert@Work for years now because it supports a 800x600 window on a 1600x1200 desktop. Do any current graphic cards have virtual desktop support ?

I play mainly strategy games so leading edge (or even any!) 3D performance is not necessary

Any help appreciated.

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
You mean, like when you get to the edge of the screen, you can scroll over the whole Desktop? I've never heard of that before on a Windows OS. I know that on Linux, XFree can do this, no matter what Video Card. Linux is a whole other issue, though, but consider the switch.

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I suggest you stay with your Xpert@Work card. I have an Xpert@Play card in my old Pentium machine and it runs 2D games perfectly and even manages some of the older 3D games!

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

Thanks for the input, I guess I'm staying with the Xpert@work for a while longer
I've just fired up my new K7S5A/Athlon1.4 for the first time - I hope it can handle it's new surroundings :)

Been meaning to investigate Linux for a while - I WILL get around to it