Windows could not start because of a hardware problem.....

Hey guys, My friend's comp will not start, I have tried all I know (which
maybe not be alot) to try and get it passed this page. E.g try starting in
safe mode etc. However we still get this message after windows tries to boot;

Windows could not start because of a hardware configuration problem. Could
not read from selected boot disk. Check boot path and dick hardware. Please
check the windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and your
hardware reference manuals for additional information.

Any suggestions on what to do? And if this is a common easy to fix error, I
am sorry - only young so be gentle with me.

Look forward to hearing from anyone with suggestions.
Thank you.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows start hardware problem

    See if this helps:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314477/en-us

    --
    www.fermu.com

    "Jamie O'Neill" <JamieONeill@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el
    mensaje news:EDCAA192-4E51-46AE-9300-526BE48FC4EC@microsoft.com...
    > Hey guys, My friend's comp will not start, I have tried all I know
    > (which
    > maybe not be alot) to try and get it passed this page. E.g try
    > starting in
    > safe mode etc. However we still get this message after windows tries
    > to boot;
    >
    > Windows could not start because of a hardware configuration problem.
    > Could
    > not read from selected boot disk. Check boot path and dick hardware.
    > Please
    > check the windows documentation about hardware disk configuration and
    > your
    > hardware reference manuals for additional information.
    >
    > Any suggestions on what to do? And if this is a common easy to fix
    > error, I
    > am sorry - only young so be gentle with me.
    >
    > Look forward to hearing from anyone with suggestions.
    > Thank you.

Hardware Configuration Boot Hardware Problem Windows XP