Boot leaves open explorer window

After installing Scansoft Omniform 5.0, everytime I boot an explorer window
is left on the desktop. Is there some desktop setting or registry file I can
modify to correct this?

Thank you.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:1149007F-68BD-4847-8841-3C31FBD65674@microsoft.com,
krcmd1 <krcmd1@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> After installing Scansoft Omniform 5.0, everytime I boot an explorer
> window is left on the desktop. Is there some desktop setting or
> registry file I can modify to correct this?
>
> Thank you.

Does this apply?

System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170086

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes

No, but thank you.

The window that's left open is a programs/common files/scansoft folder. As
it happens, though, the registry key you put me onto has a corresponding
entry. I will try deleting it to see what happens.

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:1149007F-68BD-4847-8841-3C31FBD65674@microsoft.com,
> krcmd1 <krcmd1@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > After installing Scansoft Omniform 5.0, everytime I boot an explorer
> > window is left on the desktop. Is there some desktop setting or
> > registry file I can modify to correct this?
> >
> > Thank you.
>
> Does this apply?
>
> System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170086
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
> its solution is its own reward."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:5DADABBE-4B23-4A15-90DE-FF682777FDE7@microsoft.com,
krcmd1 <krcmd1@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> No, but thank you.
>
> The window that's left open is a programs/common files/scansoft
> folder. As it happens, though, the registry key you put me onto has
> a corresponding entry. I will try deleting it to see what happens.
>
> "Galen" wrote:
>
>> In news:1149007F-68BD-4847-8841-3C31FBD65674@microsoft.com,
>> krcmd1 <krcmd1@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

>>> After installing Scansoft Omniform 5.0, everytime I boot an
>>> explorer window is left on the desktop. Is there some desktop
>>> setting or registry file I can modify to correct this?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>
>> Does this apply?
>>
>> System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;170086
>>
>> Galen
>> --
>>
>> "Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
>> its solution is its own reward."
>>
>> Sherlock Holmes

<g>

Just so you know editing the registry isn't the brightest thing to do though
many of us do it all the time. However, you have been warned. For a better
warning:
http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/regedit_warn.html

Galen