my IE is preventing downloads, even in safe mode with networking. Mcafee
wants me to scan for viruses in dos wich may delete files in my operating
system...
before i do that is it possible i have set some preference somewhere that is
preventing the downloads. the error generated says the site i am trying to
access isn't available as though it is the remote site problem, not mine.

also, my IE Information bar has dissapeared, so I can't go to sites that
need active x, won't show the access to allow it...

HELP...

Thanks, Rebecca

PS other programs aren't working, McAfee Task messenger, Outlook express