XP can't boot and C: drive turns empty

Hi,

After powered down from a frozen Windows. My XP can't even boot to safe
mode
and keeps rebooting. I used the repare console and found that all the
files
and folders on the C: drive are gone (listed as empty).

I have tried using CHKDSK and FIXBOOT.

Would you help and tell me what I should do next to restore the
files/folder
and Windows?

Thanks a lot.

Zhixin

zhixin_han@hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>After powered down from a frozen Windows. My XP can't even boot to safe
>mode
>and keeps rebooting. I used the repare console and found that all the
>files
>and folders on the C: drive are gone (listed as empty).
>
>I have tried using CHKDSK and FIXBOOT.
>
>Would you help and tell me what I should do next to restore the
>files/folder
>and Windows?
>
>Thanks a lot.
>

>Zhixin

At this point it sounds as if you need to take the computer to a
repair shop and have them see what the problem is with the hard drive.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP