NEED SERIOUS HELP!

I just had to do a complete system restore and after that when I am
downloading anything I keep getting some message popping up, supposedly from
Microsoft, telling me to clean my registry and giving me a website to go to,
but it is always a different website. What is this about???

It's a scam. Don't fall for it. When you see a window like that pop up, it's
best not to click anywhere on it. Instead, press CTRL+ALT+DEL to start the
Task Manager. Go to the Applications tab, find the name of the windows, and
"End Task" it.

When you did your "complete system restore" did you remember to visit
Windows Update? Service Pack 2 has a pop-up blocker.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"hadassahrose505" <hadassahrose505@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:315A9C3D-267A-49DB-A5E5-07177F1B4B61@microsoft.com...
> I just had to do a complete system restore and after that when I am
> downloading anything I keep getting some message popping up, supposedly
from
> Microsoft, telling me to clean my registry and giving me a website to go
to,
> but it is always a different website. What is this about???

Thanks so much! I figured it was a scam. I just did download Service Pack 2
and the problem seems to be gone now :)

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> It's a scam. Don't fall for it. When you see a window like that pop up, it's
> best not to click anywhere on it. Instead, press CTRL+ALT+DEL to start the
> Task Manager. Go to the Applications tab, find the name of the windows, and
> "End Task" it.
>
> When you did your "complete system restore" did you remember to visit
> Windows Update? Service Pack 2 has a pop-up blocker.
>
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "hadassahrose505" <hadassahrose505@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:315A9C3D-267A-49DB-A5E5-07177F1B4B61@microsoft.com...
> > I just had to do a complete system restore and after that when I am
> > downloading anything I keep getting some message popping up, supposedly
> from
> > Microsoft, telling me to clean my registry and giving me a website to go
> to,
> > but it is always a different website. What is this about???

map

hadassahrose505 wrote:
> Thanks so much! I figured it was a scam. I just did download Service
> Pack 2 and the problem seems to be gone now :)

Thats because SP2 has the firewall enabled by default.

--
Mike Pawlak

logan

Distinguished
May 21, 2004

Not a prob. just disregard. you pick up a lot of that stuff at porn sites.
in the future, just be more careful which sites you visit. plus your parents
are going to catch you one of these days, and then your in deep do-do.