REQ: Good games for a LAN party

rem

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

I know absolutely nothing about games, not being a gamer. The CS
department is having a "LAN party" and one assignment is to locate
multi-player games that can be played on Win XP Pro, 2.1 ghz,
integrated video with 64 megs of reserved ram.

Im looking over the lists in the messages, but I have not a clue as to
what people find entertaining, so I thought I'd ask for personal
preferences here.

Freeware or open source is preferred. Viable shareware or demos that
are worth the trouble might work in this particular situation.

Is the Delta (I think) Force demo released by the Army any good?

A range of games is preferred, some that the ladies might enjoy, as
well as the guys. Different games can be setup in different portions
of the lab.

I assume shoot-em ups are the primary multiplayer choices.

Thanks in advance. You can email shareware\demo suggestions to keep it
out of the group... Remove the 'REM' to email.

--
Pricelessware:
http://www.pricelessware.org

"REM" <REMbranded@inu.net> wrote in message

> I know absolutely nothing about games, not being a gamer. The CS
> department is having a "LAN party" and one assignment is to locate
> multi-player games that can be played on Win XP Pro, 2.1 ghz,
> integrated video with 64 megs of reserved ram.
>
> Im looking over the lists in the messages, but I have not a clue as to
> what people find entertaining, so I thought I'd ask for personal
> preferences here.
>
> Freeware or open source is preferred. Viable shareware or demos that
> are worth the trouble might work in this particular situation.
>
> Is the Delta (I think) Force demo released by the Army any good?
>
> A range of games is preferred, some that the ladies might enjoy, as
> well as the guys. Different games can be setup in different portions
> of the lab.
>
> I assume shoot-em ups are the primary multiplayer choices.
>
> Thanks in advance. You can email shareware\demo suggestions to keep it
> out of the group... Remove the 'REM' to email.

I work at a prison and have a computer lab that we sometimes use for
positive behavior rewards. My guys REALLY enjoy "Hidden and Dangerous
Deluxe." It's a WW2 strategy game and they can play over the LAN and go out
on missions as a team (I'm not sure but there might be a limit of 4 per
team). They get into it so much that other employees come in to watch them
play. Big download (about 265 MB) but completely free:

http://www.megagames.com/news/show.cgi?&idtype=pc&database=370&section=downloads&

http://www.gamedaily.com/gp/dlexe.asp?packageid=0050900032&gameid=2016&source=00001&sourcelist=

rem

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

> "Thip" <me@privacy.net> wrote:

>"REM" <REMbranded@inu.net> wrote in message

>> I know absolutely nothing about games, not being a gamer. The CS
>> department is having a "LAN party" and one assignment is to locate
>> multi-player games that can be played on Win XP Pro, 2.1 ghz,
>> integrated video with 64 megs of reserved ram.

>I work at a prison and have a computer lab that we sometimes use for
>positive behavior rewards. My guys REALLY enjoy "Hidden and Dangerous
>Deluxe." It's a WW2 strategy game and they can play over the LAN and go out
>on missions as a team (I'm not sure but there might be a limit of 4 per
>team). They get into it so much that other employees come in to watch them
>play. Big download (about 265 MB) but completely free:

>http://www.megagames.com/news/show.cgi?&idtype=pc&database=370&section=downloads&

>http://www.gamedaily.com/gp/dlexe.asp?packageid=0050900032&gameid=2016&source=00001&sourcelist=

Thanks Thip! The size is fine. The lab has high speed connections and
there is 15 free gig per machine.

--

> Thanks Thip! The size is fine. The lab has high speed connections and
> there is 15 free gig per machine.

You're welcome. :)