What lead to use for TV out

G

Hello everyone, I've recently purchased a new ASUS V8200 GF3 with tv out.
My question is if I want to play DVD's on my TV downstairs from my computer
upstairs what sort of lead should I use? I have two different conectors at
the back for output (RCA and S-video) and I have purchased 2 RCA conectors
already but don't know what lead to use. I've been told that co-axial cable
will get interference over that distance (10-15 metres) and that phono cable
would be the best, is this corect? Plz help me

Regards David and Rachel Barkham

Tom_Smart

Illustrious
Consider a video sender type device. One type hooks to the pc and transmits to a receiver hooked to the TV, the other type hooks to the pc and send to anything that can receive TV transmissions. Both are good for room to room as no cable is required.

Although it has a lot of good ideas, beer doesn't know anything about computers!!!

G

Would this type of arrangment transmit the sound as well? Do you have any idea what price these things sell for in the UK?

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Out of the three TV out options/ Coaxial=Fair RCA=Good SVHS=Best

I would go RCA A/V because it would be cheaper than SVHS and has a much better A/V quality than coaxial. If you got the money to spring for SVHS cable, then get it. If you do go RCA or SVHS, you may run into video problems if you run it through a VCR.

Wireless A/V transmitters would be easier than hard wiring but they cost a lot more.

<font color=red>It is the weakest link. They are not ready yet many have tried and failed with it.</font color=red>

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
Yes, they do transmit sound, but here is another idea, buy a separate DVD player and hook it up to your TV. The picture will be just as good and for the amount that you would spend on a transever or 20 ft of S-video wire, you can buy a DVD player, with a remote control, and then only use a 3 ft S-Video cable. Computer DVD players are great but when connecting them up to a TV over a long distance, it is just not worth the money or the headaches in seting it up.

If it works for you then don't fix it.

G

Well I think I now have enough ammunition to convince the wife to buy a DVD player for the front room.

Thanks for all your help lads :eek:)

Tom_Smart

Illustrious
arsend is completly correct. a cheap dvd player will be a better choice. the dvd senders average about £80.00 upwards. if you are in the uk you should be able to get a dvd player form £89.00 upwards. even argos do em for this.

Although it has a lot of good ideas, beer doesn't know anything about computers!!!