Have OE6 configured correctly for e_mail and Newsgroup downloads via ISP -
can subscribe, download and read posts.

What I can't do is EITHER - post a reply, or send a post
Here is a paste of the error message -
Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Re: XP BIG-TIME
SCREW-UP', Account: 'news.cable.ntlworld.com', Server:
'news.cable.ntlworld.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 Posting
Failed ("From" Header not in Internet Syntax.)', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

What's wrong, please? Error refers to a "Group" reply I tried to send (same
error occurs on a new post)

--
Silvabod

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:32:39 -0700, Silvabod wrote:

> Have OE6 configured correctly for e_mail and Newsgroup downloads via ISP -
> can subscribe, download and read posts.
>
> What I can't do is EITHER - post a reply, or send a post
> Here is a paste of the error message -
> Outlook Express could not post your message. Subject 'Re: XP BIG-TIME
> SCREW-UP', Account: 'news.cable.ntlworld.com', Server:
> 'news.cable.ntlworld.com', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 Posting
> Failed ("From" Header not in Internet Syntax.)', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No,
> Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9
>
> What's wrong, please? Error refers to a "Group" reply I tried to send (same
> error occurs on a new post)

Do you have to use your ISP's news server to access these groups? If no,
add a News Account in OE. Use news server: msnews.microsoft.com
There is no logon required.

If yes, you need to check with your ISP for the settings they require to
access their servers.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User