Cant Find Recycle Bin on Windows XP

I have two hard drives. For some reason, my desktop seems to contain the
recycle bin icon for the secondary hard drive (F) because all the files in it
were originally on that drive. I did a test, and a newly deleted file from
my primary drive (C) does not appear in this recycle bin. How do I find my C
drive recycle bin if I have one? Microsoft is apparently hiding the folder.
I also want to make sure all my deleted files are going into a recycle bin.

thanks

I downloaded several file recovery programs from the Internet and tried them.
The free ones didn't work for me. One program (File Scavenger) found my
deleted file in a sub-subfolder of C:\Recycler. I guess just because it was
in my Recycler folder is no reason not to spend $45 on a file recovery
program, right? But I kept looking and found a program (Handy Recovery)
whose 30-day free trial allows me to restore one file per day. Since I only
needed to restore one file, it was perfect for me. I'm now using ExplorerXP
as my default file manager since Windows Explorer can't even show me what's
in my Recycle bin.