User's "My Documents" folder missing

August 12, 2005 10:32:19 PM

XP Pro SP2, everything up to date. When I log on the Administrator account
I can see the Shared Docs, Admins' Doc and all the other user's "My
Documents" folders except for one user account which seems to be invisible
for some reason. The user account in question is a member of the following
groups: Users, Power Users, Debugger Users. How do I get this user
account's "My Documents" folder to appear in explorer when logged on as
Admin?
The folder shows up ok when logged on to that user's account. I run
anti-virus scans from the Admin account, so I want to make sure there is no
rock left unturned. . .

Thanks a bunch.
Anonymous
August 15, 2005 12:28:12 AM

Derick,

Is the particular folder missing in the My Computer view (the Shared
documents section)?

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Derick Beckwith" <derick.beckwith@us.bosch.com> wrote in message
news:D dj81l$sb4$1@ns2.fe.internet.bosch.com...
> XP Pro SP2, everything up to date. When I log on the Administrator
> account
> I can see the Shared Docs, Admins' Doc and all the other user's "My
> Documents" folders except for one user account which seems to be invisible
> for some reason. The user account in question is a member of the
> following
> groups: Users, Power Users, Debugger Users. How do I get this user
> account's "My Documents" folder to appear in explorer when logged on as
> Admin?
> The folder shows up ok when logged on to that user's account. I run
> anti-virus scans from the Admin account, so I want to make sure there is
> no
> rock left unturned. . .
>
> Thanks a bunch.

Anonymous
August 15, 2005 9:34:10 PM

Yes, but it is only missing from windows explorer when logged on to the
Admin account. Not sure if I can see that user's "My Documents" folder in
the C:\Documents and Settings\.. . .\"User Name" folder. I'll check that
out.

I tested out the virus scan and it did not scan any of that user's "My
Documents" subfolders when the scan was run from the Admin account. When I
logged on to the user account in question and ran the scan, it showed up
with different results, indicating the Admin account does not have the
ability to see into this user's folders, which is very confusing because I
thought the Administrator account had access to all folders and system
settings. . .

> Derick,
>
> Is the particular folder missing in the My Computer view (the Shared
> documents section)?
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 2:03:33 PM

Derick,

Also, deselect the "Make this folder option"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307286

--

news:D dr1om$a4k$1@ns2.fe.internet.bosch.com...

!