User's "My Documents" folder missing

XP Pro SP2, everything up to date. When I log on the Administrator account
I can see the Shared Docs, Admins' Doc and all the other user's "My
Documents" folders except for one user account which seems to be invisible
for some reason. The user account in question is a member of the following
groups: Users, Power Users, Debugger Users. How do I get this user
account's "My Documents" folder to appear in explorer when logged on as
Admin?
The folder shows up ok when logged on to that user's account. I run
anti-virus scans from the Admin account, so I want to make sure there is no
rock left unturned. . .

Thanks a bunch.
3 answers Last reply
More about user documents folder missing

    Derick,

    Is the particular folder missing in the My Computer view (the Shared
    documents section)?

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Derick Beckwith" <derick.beckwith@us.bosch.com> wrote in message
    > XP Pro SP2, everything up to date. When I log on the Administrator
    > account
    > I can see the Shared Docs, Admins' Doc and all the other user's "My
    > Documents" folders except for one user account which seems to be invisible
    > for some reason. The user account in question is a member of the
    > following
    > groups: Users, Power Users, Debugger Users. How do I get this user
    > account's "My Documents" folder to appear in explorer when logged on as
    > Admin?
    > The folder shows up ok when logged on to that user's account. I run
    > anti-virus scans from the Admin account, so I want to make sure there is
    > no
    > rock left unturned. . .
    >
    > Thanks a bunch.

    Yes, but it is only missing from windows explorer when logged on to the
    Admin account. Not sure if I can see that user's "My Documents" folder in
    the C:\Documents and Settings\.. . .\"User Name" folder. I'll check that
    out.

    I tested out the virus scan and it did not scan any of that user's "My
    Documents" subfolders when the scan was run from the Admin account. When I
    logged on to the user account in question and ran the scan, it showed up
    with different results, indicating the Admin account does not have the
    ability to see into this user's folders, which is very confusing because I
    thought the Administrator account had access to all folders and system
    settings. . .

    > Derick,
    >
    > Is the particular folder missing in the My Computer view (the Shared
    > documents section)?
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    Derick,

    Also, deselect the "Make this folder option"
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307286

    --

    > Yes, but it is only missing from windows explorer when logged on to the
    > Admin account. Not sure if I can see that user's "My Documents" folder in
    > the C:\Documents and Settings\.. . .\"User Name" folder. I'll check that
    > out.
    >
    > I tested out the virus scan and it did not scan any of that user's "My
    > Documents" subfolders when the scan was run from the Admin account. When
    > logged on to the user account in question and ran the scan, it showed up
    > with different results, indicating the Admin account does not have the
    > ability to see into this user's folders, which is very confusing because I
    > thought the Administrator account had access to all folders and system
    > settings. . .
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
    >> Derick,
    >>
    >> Is the particular folder missing in the My Computer view (the Shared
    >> documents section)?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org