Windows XP Reload and Format

August 12, 2005 7:35:02 PM

I'm trying too reload Windows XP Home Edition on my System, I disconnect all
my USB Divices, and enter BIOS and set the first boot Divice as the CDROM and
Save and Exit and Put the XP CD in the Drive and press any key too beging....
a while latter, it checks for "Previous Versions of Windows" at this point it
sould give you the option too modyfy your Partition/s instead it carrys onto
the XP Install, if that finished the Set up, I would be left with 2 versions
of Windows XP on my Hardrive, how do I go about Formating my Hard Drive in
the XP Setup??

More about : windows reload format

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 7:52:05 PM

Actually you need to procceed from thier,the next queation is to install over
existing os or not to,select no,delete partition,create one,then xp formats
and installs.If youre menu is diffrent,at cd info boot screen,select
recovery,
press enter key for password,then type:D iskPart In DiskPart,delete the
partition
(s),then create one,then press Esc Key,then type:EXIT Let the computer
restart
to cd,select install xp.

"Rob-23-UK" wrote:

> I'm trying too reload Windows XP Home Edition on my System, I disconnect all
> my USB Divices, and enter BIOS and set the first boot Divice as the CDROM and
> Save and Exit and Put the XP CD in the Drive and press any key too beging....
> a while latter, it checks for "Previous Versions of Windows" at this point it
> sould give you the option too modyfy your Partition/s instead it carrys onto
> the XP Install, if that finished the Set up, I would be left with 2 versions
> of Windows XP on my Hardrive, how do I go about Formating my Hard Drive in
> the XP Setup??
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 7:41:02 AM

No,

The CD I use is Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2, after the bit
"Checking Previous Versions of Windows" It goes straight into the
Installation, when its complete I get an option witch OS do u want too load
and left with 2 versions of it (Which I know how too delete) It might be
Disk Im using

!