GF3 OEM - Retail. Any difference?

Palpatine

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
I am going to buy a GF3 and i want to know if there is any difference in clock speeds or ram speed in the OEM cards. Also i am between ASUS and Leadtek. Which one do you think is better?

Thanks for your replies
Palpatine

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
www.anandtech.com just did a roundup of GF3 cards, the winner was.... The GainWard Card (It's the red one). The only differences betwenn OEM stuff and retail stuff are price, packaging, and the warranty (sometimes). Inquire with your seller before you purchase!

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

G

There are 3 companies i suggest you consider... Abit, Elsa and OCZ. All 3 are very nicely equipped. The very good thing about these is that hey are very good for OC'ing. They are well equiped with ramsinks etc... The OCZ is pre-overclocked (215/515).

I would strongly recommend taking a look at these. For me its a tossup between Elsa and Abit.

:eek: <font color=blue>I for one run Quake 3 on a P133(No MMX)</font color=blue>I have no affiliatioin w/ Intel

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
sometimes the retail vs oem thing leans more towards one than the other..
some geforce2 pro cards have 6 or 7 ns ddr, while the retail versions have 5 or 4.5 ns
sometimes you arent paying for the crap they give you with it..
sometimes you are...but sometimes you arent..
at least in my experience..
check with the dealer to see what speed the access time on the ram is...
when it comes to nanoseconds, lower is better...
whatever you end up choosing, i am sure that you will be happy with it...as long as you are sure that you got what you wanted..
research your options.

-DAvid

-Vacuums suck...really...-