Trying to use coupon codes, they don't seem to work

I have been trying for about a week to use coupon codes I find on sites like
www.slickdeals.net and www.techbargains.com to get some savings on a Dell
notebook. But, when I go to the Dell website, pick out the model and
customize it, then get to the checkout page, the coupon code doesn't work.
I copy the code and paste it so there are no spelling errors from my end. I
called sales at Dell, reaching their center in Oklahoma, and the salesman
had no idea what I was talking about. He had no knowledge of any coupon
offers and could not get a system to show the reduced price I was looking
for. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? I know about coupon
expiration dates, they take effect usually at midnight, central time on the
date of expiration.
6 answers Last reply
More about trying coupon codes work

    the coupon codes are good for a certain number of purchases you need to read
    the sites more carefully the coupons usually are good for 5 10 or 15000
    purchases and sell out in less than an hour
    Wayne

    "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have been trying for about a week to use coupon codes I find on sites
    >like
    > www.slickdeals.net and www.techbargains.com to get some savings on a Dell
    > notebook. But, when I go to the Dell website, pick out the model and
    > customize it, then get to the checkout page, the coupon code doesn't work.
    > I copy the code and paste it so there are no spelling errors from my end.
    > called sales at Dell, reaching their center in Oklahoma, and the salesman
    > had no idea what I was talking about. He had no knowledge of any coupon
    > offers and could not get a system to show the reduced price I was looking
    > for. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? I know about coupon
    > expiration dates, they take effect usually at midnight, central time on
    > the
    > date of expiration.

    Are you saying that these coupons, which a sales person for Dell had no
    knowledge of, are number limited? I have seen the Dell Special Offers that
    place a number limit on units, but I had no idea these coupons from the
    sites I mentioned had such restrictions.

    "wayne" <komon@dgdg.sss> wrote in message
    > the coupon codes are good for a certain number of purchases you need to
    read
    > the sites more carefully the coupons usually are good for 5 10 or 15000
    > purchases and sell out in less than an hour
    > Wayne
    >

    > "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I have been trying for about a week to use coupon codes I find on sites
    > >like
    > > www.slickdeals.net and www.techbargains.com to get some savings on a
    Dell
    > > notebook. But, when I go to the Dell website, pick out the model and
    > > customize it, then get to the checkout page, the coupon code doesn't
    work.
    > > I copy the code and paste it so there are no spelling errors from my
    end.
    > > called sales at Dell, reaching their center in Oklahoma, and the
    salesman
    > > had no idea what I was talking about. He had no knowledge of any coupon
    > > offers and could not get a system to show the reduced price I was
    looking
    > > for. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? I know about coupon
    > > expiration dates, they take effect usually at midnight, central time on
    > > the
    > > date of expiration.

    Try this site, it always works for me.

    http://www.gotapex.com/

    Kevin wrote:

    > Are you saying that these coupons, which a sales person for Dell had no
    > knowledge of, are number limited? I have seen the Dell Special Offers that
    > place a number limit on units, but I had no idea these coupons from the
    > sites I mentioned had such restrictions.
    >
    > "wayne" <komon@dgdg.sss> wrote in message
    >
    >>the coupon codes are good for a certain number of purchases you need to
    >
    > read
    >
    >>the sites more carefully the coupons usually are good for 5 10 or 15000
    >>purchases and sell out in less than an hour
    >>Wayne
    >>

    >>"Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have been trying for about a week to use coupon codes I find on sites
    >>>like
    >>>www.slickdeals.net and www.techbargains.com to get some savings on a
    >
    > Dell
    >
    >>>notebook. But, when I go to the Dell website, pick out the model and
    >>>customize it, then get to the checkout page, the coupon code doesn't
    >
    > work.
    >
    >>>I copy the code and paste it so there are no spelling errors from my
    >
    > end.

    >>>called sales at Dell, reaching their center in Oklahoma, and the
    >
    > salesman
    >
    >>>had no idea what I was talking about. He had no knowledge of any coupon
    >>>offers and could not get a system to show the reduced price I was
    >
    > looking
    >
    >>>for. Can anyone shed some light on this subject? I know about coupon
    >>>expiration dates, they take effect usually at midnight, central time on
    >>>the
    >>>date of expiration.

    This has happened to me. Some of the coupons work only on Home, some
    work on business. Try each.

    If you just read the postings at slickdeals.net you will find the
    information you need the posts look like this.
    They have clickable links and tell you whether it is home or SB

    Dell Home has a $750 off $1499 Inspiron coupon code VRSG541NMGQ800 limited
    to 15,000 redemptions and ends on 5/26/05 5:59AM CDT. Free shipping.

    Dell Small Business has a $700 off $1699 coupon code LCQDK9W5JTKMWL for
    Inspiron Laptops. Expires 5/23 11:59pm CDT or 1000 redemptions.

    Dell Home has a $600 off $1499 Inspiron coupon code FRQ3N2SWJK5RV2 limited
    to 5,000 redemptions and ends on 5/19/05. Free shipping.

    Current deal is

    Specially configured Dimension 8400 evalue code containing sequence:
    D84AF $600 Off Instantly!
    Specially configured Dimension 4700 evalue code containing sequence:
    D47AF $400 Off Instantly!

    For a limited time, receive $500, $600 or $750 off when you purchase these
    specially configured Dell PCs. Offer is available on these E-value codes or
    order codes containing the following sequences only:, i600mA1, i700mA1,
    i6000A1, i6000A2, i6000A3, i9300A1

    Recieve:

    Receive $500 off select systems* over $1399 before tax and shipping
    with the use of coupon code: TWMNMWS6?PTT2F
    Receive $600 off select systems* over $1599 before tax and shipping
    with the use of coupon code: 3KV1HKCZVXKFCV
    Receive $750 off select systems* over $1899 before tax and shipping
    with the use of coupon code: SD8STR$BW13B46

    * Discount Coupons available on the following select systems: a.. Specially
    configured Inspiron 600m evalue code containing sequence: i600mA1
    b.. Specially configured Inspiron 700m evalue code containing
    sequence: i700mA1
    c.. Specially configured Inspiron 6000 evalue code containing
    sequence: i6000A1
    d.. Specially configured Inspiron 6000 evalue code containing
    sequence: i6000A2
    e.. Specially configured Inspiron 6000 evalue code containing
    sequence: i6000A3
    f.. Specially configured Inspiron 9300 evalue code containing
    sequence: i9300A1

    Wayne

    "greccogirl" <greccogirl@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Kevin wrote:
    >
    >> Are you saying that these coupons, which a sales person for Dell had no
    >> knowledge of, are number limited? I have seen the Dell Special Offers
    >> that
    >> place a number limit on units, but I had no idea these coupons from the
    >> sites I mentioned had such restrictions.
    >>
    >> "wayne" <komon@dgdg.sss> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>the coupon codes are good for a certain number of purchases you need to
    >>
    >> read
    >>
    >>>the sites more carefully the coupons usually are good for 5 10 or 15000
    >>>purchases and sell out in less than an hour
    >>>Wayne
    >>>

    >>>"Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >> Dell

    >> work.

    >> end.

    >> salesman

    >> looking

    > This has happened to me. Some of the coupons work only on Home, some
    > work on business. Try each.

    begin 666 shad.gif
    2E(\IP.T/@IRTAH&SWKSK`@`[
    `