GeForce2 Pro or GTS?

G

I am on the market for a good gaming card that also supports DVD. I am looking at the Gainward GF2 Pro/450 4.5ns 64mb DDR or the Gainward GF2 GTS pro 64mb DDR also 4.5ns ...which of these is going to be the better card as far as detail and picture quality goes? both around $135-150 Thanks in advance - Idiot! :)

ps if theres anything else i need to take into consideration please feel free to advise!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by entrylvlidiot on 09/19/01 08:37 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

FatBurger

Illustrious
The Pro is the better card. The only difference is faster RAM, but that makes a big difference.

<font color=green>In memory of all the Americans that died 9/11/01
Rest in peace</font color=green>

dhlucke

Polypheme
I just asked this question almost word for word within the last couple of weeks. You should try to search for an answer before automatically posting a question.

The answer is the Cardexpert Pro though. I never heard of a GTS with the same memory speed though. Are you sure you aren't comparing the exact same card?

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

dhlucke

Polypheme
<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=faq&notfound=1&code=1" target="_new">Here you go</A>

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
pro pro pro pro pro pro pro pro pro pro pro pro pro pro pro pro

there!
pro is faster
and apparantly gainward has released a pro which is faster than the ultra

ive got a leadtek geforce2pro (32mb) 200/400
which i can oc to 225/466

In memory of the 90+ Auzzies missing in the WTC disaster. An attack that has changed the world.