Anyone get Dlinks DI-524 WPA-PSK function to work?

Anyone get Dlinks DI-524 WPA-PSK function to work without having
disconnects? I can get it to work but it disconnects within 30 minutes. I
have the latest firmware and judging by the other messages I've seen I don't
think the routers WPA-PSK function works yet. Rebooting my computer or
router both produce the connection working for a little but not more than 30
minutes at the most.

newbie question/response here.............
and you are using a D-Link 11g adapter for your computer?
Sounds like an issue with the TKIP causing the disconnect maybe.
What happens if you let the computer idle for 30 minutes, does it still
disconnect?
curious dave with a rarely used 524

"ahh" <ahh@ahh.com> wrote in message
> Anyone get Dlinks DI-524 WPA-PSK function to work without having
> disconnects? I can get it to work but it disconnects within 30 minutes.
> have the latest firmware and judging by the other messages I've seen I
don't
> think the routers WPA-PSK function works yet. Rebooting my computer or
> router both produce the connection working for a little but not more than
30
> minutes at the most.

I haven't toyed with it too much but if it idles it will be disconnected in
30 minutes. I'm using a Broadcom 11g built in wireless adapter from my
notebook. I would not blame it solely on my adapter because I have yet to
see anyone that says the DI-524 WPA-PSK function works. They just got the
WPA-PSK function supposably working in the last/second bios. Hopefully just
some bugs they will improve on in the next bios release.

"dave AKA vwdoc1" <NO_vwdoc1_SPAM_@hotmail.com_PLEASE> wrote in message
> newbie question/response here.............
> and you are using a D-Link 11g adapter for your computer?
> Sounds like an issue with the TKIP causing the disconnect maybe.
> What happens if you let the computer idle for 30 minutes, does it still
> disconnect?
> curious dave with a rarely used 524
>
> "ahh" <ahh@ahh.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone get Dlinks DI-524 WPA-PSK function to work without having
> > disconnects? I can get it to work but it disconnects within 30 minutes.
> > have the latest firmware and judging by the other messages I've seen I
> don't
> > think the routers WPA-PSK function works yet. Rebooting my computer or
> > router both produce the connection working for a little but not more
than
> 30
> > minutes at the most.

On my DI-624 you have to disable DHCP and go with static IP for wpa-psk to
work. And download the wi-fi wpa patch from microsoft.

"ahh" <ahh@ahh.com> wrote in message
> Anyone get Dlinks DI-524 WPA-PSK function to work without having
> disconnects? I can get it to work but it disconnects within 30 minutes.
> have the latest firmware and judging by the other messages I've seen I
don't
> think the routers WPA-PSK function works yet. Rebooting my computer or
> router both produce the connection working for a little but not more than
30
> minutes at the most.

Hope I didn't speak to soon, but that seemed to fix the problem... Thanks

Funny I can make my computers all static but the DI-524 doesn't allow the
"DHCP Server" to be disabled. Still seems to work though because I guesss
nothing has a dynamic IP.

"Stevef" <news@stevefarthing.junk> wrote in message
> On my DI-624 you have to disable DHCP and go with static IP for wpa-psk to
> work. And download the wi-fi wpa patch from microsoft.
>
> "ahh" <ahh@ahh.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone get Dlinks DI-524 WPA-PSK function to work without having
> > disconnects? I can get it to work but it disconnects within 30 minutes.
> > have the latest firmware and judging by the other messages I've seen I
> don't
> > think the routers WPA-PSK function works yet. Rebooting my computer or
> > router both produce the connection working for a little but not more
than
> 30
> > minutes at the most.

Douglas Biggers

Reputable
May 2, 2015
I just got the update to work. Specs: win 7, IE 11(NOT my primary, used it for comatibilty). I had to access the web interface with compatibilty mode on, but I was able to apply wpa-psk.