Any help on "cannot login to guest account"?

An earlier post on Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:55:02 -0700 by
<BrockU@discussions.microsoft.com> to the effect of:

>the guest account is activated, but when i click on it on the welcome screen
>it appears as if it is about to load but just returns me to the welcome screen

got no replies. I'm having the same problem and hope some guru out
there will lend some assistance this time. The account exists and is
enabled. I don't see a folder named "Guest" in the "Documents and
Settings" folder though (as I do on an XP machine where the Guest
account works as expected) so my guess is it was deleted at some point
(presumably by me, to be truthful, but I don't remember doing it). I
tried copying the entire "Guest folder" from the "working" machine to
mine, but the behavior (no logging in to the activated Guest account)
remained the same. Any help would be appreciated.
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot login guest account

    The Guest Account has no Administrator rights associated with your computer.

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 17:07:43 -0500, "cmjaltx" <cmjaltx@charter.net>
    wrote:

    >The Guest Account has no Administrator rights associated with your computer.

    As I understand it, it's not supposed to. Isn't it supposed to be a
    limited account? What am I misunderstanding here?

    >"Matt Jaffe" <jaffem@cableone.net> wrote in message
    >> An earlier post on Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:55:02 -0700 by
    >> <BrockU@discussions.microsoft.com> to the effect of:
    >>
    >>>the guest account is activated, but when i click on it on the welcome
    >>>screen
    >>>it appears as if it is about to load but just returns me to the welcome
    >>>screen
    >>
    >> got no replies. I'm having the same problem and hope some guru out
    >> there will lend some assistance this time. The account exists and is
    >> enabled. I don't see a folder named "Guest" in the "Documents and
    >> Settings" folder though (as I do on an XP machine where the Guest
    >> account works as expected) so my guess is it was deleted at some point
    >> (presumably by me, to be truthful, but I don't remember doing it). I
    >> tried copying the entire "Guest folder" from the "working" machine to
    >> mine, but the behavior (no logging in to the activated Guest account)
    >> remained the same. Any help would be appreciated.

Windows XP