WinMe start button turns black

G

My WinMe start button turns black on occasion? I'm using an asus v7100 mx400 video card, which is new. The core components have been in use for a year a7v mobo, 256 megs ram and amd t-bird 800. I recently changed the harddrive and videocard. Everything works fine except that the start button will turn black on occasion and need a reboot to restore itself. I've tried asus and nvidia drivers, the latter seem to cause the problem less often. Any ideas....bad video memry maybe?

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
Im thinking more software problam, try formatting and reinstalling windows, or even better try installing win2k or the new XP althogh i didnt even get to see it yet.

<font color=green>
Make AMD, not Intel
>>----> <3
</font color=green>

G

Tried that....reinstalling WinME after a format gives me the same problem.

LoveGuRu

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2001
check for cards placement,try moving them a little see if they are sitting good, other then that try checking the cooling system might be some part overheating.

your system is not overclocked izit?

<font color=green>
Make AMD, not Intel
>>----> <3
</font color=green>

arsend

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
It may be that you need to find a Windows ME service pack or something. I would go over to Microsoft.com and see if any are available. More than likely, you will not have to rearrange the cards. One question though, do you notice a pattern to this problem? Like after you end a game or close a program? Let me know.

If it works for you then don't fix it.

TRENDING THREADS