Problem with Windows XP Home Edition

Tags:
  • Windows XP
August 13, 2005 12:20:37 PM

I am have limited experiance with computing, using the computer for
data access and manuplication.
My PC which came with Windows Me, a 1.4 Ghz Antholan had 60G memory and
512 RAM and USB1 ports. As programes that I want to use require
Xindows XP as the minimum and devices are faster with USB2, I upgraded
the PC. Added the following:
Windows XP Home edition
160G Seagate Hard drive
Upgraded RAM to 1024 by replacing old with two new 512 RAM DDRs
Pinnicle TV Card
Relaced both CD burner and DVD players with two NEC DVD burners
USB 2 ports

Installed XP Home into the new HD (Drive C) kept the old drive as D and
reformatted with XP Home. Windows is very slow to open, also opening
applications sometimes taking 2-3 mins. The cursor
sometimes dissapears along with the hour glass. When you click the
application again thinking that it had 'forgotten' two or however many
appear on the screen, depending on the number of clicks. Where there
is requirement to connect with the internet eg Windows update, Outlook
EXpress, often it does not do this. Need to connect with the net first
and then select the application. At present only use Dial up Internet
connection and is not as stable, it drops out from time to time and the
connection has to be remade. I have Nortons Internet Security 2005. I
have uninstalled this programme with
no differance. I have also taken out Pinicle TV card and associated
software.

When I was using Windows Me, these problems were not experianced.
Please
advice and thanks

More about : problem windows home edition

Anonymous
August 13, 2005 6:27:55 PM

Device drivers have been updated from manuf. website. What is chipset
driver, please advice how to do this.
Thanks
August 13, 2005 9:56:06 PM

You updated device drivers from manu.web sites, not winupdate?
You update mobo chipset drivers?

"hari ari" <u659364@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I am have limited experiance with computing, using the computer for
> data access and manuplication.
> My PC which came with Windows Me, a 1.4 Ghz Antholan had 60G memory and
> 512 RAM and USB1 ports. As programes that I want to use require
> Xindows XP as the minimum and devices are faster with USB2, I upgraded
> the PC. Added the following:
> Windows XP Home edition
> 160G Seagate Hard drive
> Upgraded RAM to 1024 by replacing old with two new 512 RAM DDRs
> Pinnicle TV Card
> Relaced both CD burner and DVD players with two NEC DVD burners
> USB 2 ports
>
> Installed XP Home into the new HD (Drive C) kept the old drive as D and
> reformatted with XP Home. Windows is very slow to open, also opening
> applications sometimes taking 2-3 mins. The cursor
> sometimes dissapears along with the hour glass. When you click the
> application again thinking that it had 'forgotten' two or however many
> appear on the screen, depending on the number of clicks. Where there
> is requirement to connect with the internet eg Windows update, Outlook
> EXpress, often it does not do this. Need to connect with the net first
> and then select the application. At present only use Dial up Internet
> connection and is not as stable, it drops out from time to time and the
> connection has to be remade. I have Nortons Internet Security 2005. I
> have uninstalled this programme with
> no differance. I have also taken out Pinicle TV card and associated
> software.
>
> When I was using Windows Me, these problems were not experianced.
> Please
> advice and thanks

August 14, 2005 5:05:06 PM

Chipset drivers supplied by your mobo manu.
You need to determine make/model of mobo then visit their site to
download/install their chipset drivers for your o/s

!