hi can anybody help iam a bit of a novice with computers
iam on windows xp and i cannot get my symatec anti virus to work properley
so deleted it and reinstalled it but it still wont connect to internett
register

so i thought i would do a sytem restore, but the system restore seems to be
stuck on todays date 13/08 and wont let me go back to the previous month also
system restore keeps turning its self off thanx
--
tk ps the default setting on restore to save previous restore points is
90 days and i have got restore points in mays calander but wont let me go

Hi Tony,

Each time System Restore turns itself off, all existing restore points are deleted. This
is why you can not navigate within the System Restore wizard calendar. The most common
cause of this is low free disk space on any of the monitored drives. Open My Computer and
right click on each monitored drive and select properties.

I would also suggest stopping System Restore from monitoring and drive other than the one
Windows is installed on.

Disable a monitored drive
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/drivedisable.html

Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.

Go to Start - Run and type eventvwr.msc and press enter.
Click on System in the left pane.
Click the gray title "Source" at the top of the source name column in the right pane to
sort by source name, look for "sr" and "srservice".
Double click on each of these events, then click on the button below the two arrows in the
upper right corner. This will copy the event information to the clipboard. Paste the
information for each of the two event here. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.
System Restore Failures to restore:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html
System Restore fails to create an automatic restore point:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srauto.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User