Looking for Zplot - a freeware fractal program

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Hello all !

As I am digging deeper into fractals, I find it really, really, REALLY
amazing.

There's an old freeware program called Fractal Zplot, by a guy name
Terry. Its original location was at
ftp://ftp-hs.iuta.u-bordeaux.fr/twggfa/fractalzplot121c.zip
but unfortunately the freeware version is no longer supported by him.

I've searched high and low for the freeware version, because I want to
try it out. Not that I won't pay, is just that, I am a really FRESH
beginner, and I am at the stage of learning, so if I can get a
freeware, I will get that, for the beginning.

The last freeware version of Zplot carries the filename of
zplot326.zip or zplt3262.zip - dated March, 1997.

So, is there anyone here still carry a copy of that old program ? If
so, would you mind kindly email me a copy - since the Net doesn't seem
to carry it anymore - I have searched google, yahoo, info.com and all
the rest, plus did the ftp search on almost all ftp search servers,
all to no avail.

Many thanks again for any and all your help.

Merci, Gracias, Xie Xie, Danke, Gratzie, Arigado, Kop Kum Krap,
Spaciba !!
3 answers Last reply
More about looking zplot freeware fractal program
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    "Penang" <penang@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
    > Hello all !
    >
    > As I am digging deeper into fractals, I find it really, really, REALLY
    > amazing.
    >
    > There's an old freeware program called Fractal Zplot, by a guy name
    > Terry. Its original location was at

    ftp://ftp-hs.iuta.u-bordeaux.fr/twggfa/fractalzplot121c.zip
    > but unfortunately the freeware version is no longer supported by him.

    Have you contacted him?
    http://www.mysticfractal.com/Contacts.html

    Did you see the replies in all the other groups you posted to?

    > I've searched high and low for the freeware version, because I want to
    > try it out. Not that I won't pay, is just that, I am a really FRESH
    > beginner, and I am at the stage of learning, so if I can get a
    > freeware, I will get that, for the beginning.
    >
    > The last freeware version of Zplot carries the filename of
    > zplot326.zip or zplt3262.zip - dated March, 1997.
    >
    > So, is there anyone here still carry a copy of that old program ? If
    > so, would you mind kindly email me a copy - since the Net doesn't seem
    > to carry it anymore - I have searched google, yahoo, info.com and all
    > the rest, plus did the ftp search on almost all ftp search servers,
    > all to no avail.
    >
    > Many thanks again for any and all your help.
    >
    > Merci, Gracias, Xie Xie, Danke, Gratzie, Arigado, Kop Kum Krap,
    > Spaciba !!
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    "michael andrews" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<2s2hnoF1gk4utU1@uni-berlin.de>...

    > > Hello all !
    > >
    > > As I am digging deeper into fractals, I find it really, really, REALLY
    > > amazing.
    > >
    > > There's an old freeware program called Fractal Zplot, by a guy name
    > > Terry. Its original location was at
    > >
    > ftp://ftp-hs.iuta.u-bordeaux.fr/twggfa/fractalzplot121c.zip
    > > but unfortunately the freeware version is no longer supported by him.
    >
    > Have you contacted him?
    > http://www.mysticfractal.com/Contacts.html

    Yes, but the email addresses bounced !

    So how to contact ?!

    > Did you see the replies in all the other groups you posted to?

    Actually, other than the above, on this end, I've received nothing. I
    even searched the answer on googlegroups, but found nothing.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

    > penang@myrealbox.com (Penang) wrote:

    >As I am digging deeper into fractals, I find it really, really, REALLY
    >amazing.

    This was nominated as "priceless" in alt.comp.freeware:

    Graphics: Editor: Fractal

    CHAOS PRO
    OS: Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP

    ChaosPro is a freeware fractal generator for the Microsoft Windows
    operating system, able to create beautiful images based on
    mathematical formulas.

    ChaosPro runs on all Win32 versions, i.e. ChaosPro runs on Windows 95,
    Windows 98, Windows Me, NT, 2000, XP. If any other operating system
    supports Win32 (under Linux?), then it's possible that ChaosPro runs
    there, too.

    Author: M. Pfingstl

    Home Page: http://www.chaospro.de/

    Download Page: http://www.chaospro.de/download.php