Problems Installing XP on new machine

bsp41f

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2003
I have just upgraded my machine to the following specs:
A7N8X Deluxe (2.0) Motherboard Athlon XP2500 (Barton)
2x Seagate 80Gb Serial ATA Hard Disks Set up as a Striped Array using the utility built into the motherboard.
I have an XP Home OEM CD and It does not detect the Hard Drive (which I assume is now considered as one 160GB drive with the RAID setup) and it doesn't want to install.

Do I need to partition the Hard drive?
I tried with Fdisk but it misreads the size and when I tried anyway it still didn't work.

Can I use FAT32 or should I use NTFS?

What program can I use to set it up?

Help!!! I want to play on my new computer!

I'm also upgrading a friend to the same spec but he'll have Win98SE, will the process be the same?

Thanks

James

DOHCrazy

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2003
you cant boot from SATA i belive, a friend of mine just had this same prob.

<A HREF="http://aao.sudden-death.org/3dMarkScore.gif" target="_new">System Specs</A>

You can, I have only one hard drives, and it's SATA.

The SATA controller drivers have to be loaded when you're installing Windows, otherwise it won't recognise the drive.

Barton 2500+, 512MB Corsair Platinum XMS 3200 CL2, Radeon 9700, WD Raptor 10,000 rpm S-ATA HDD, Asus A7V600, Enermax 460W SilentPlus PSU.

The SATA controller drivers have to be loaded when you're installing Windows, otherwise it won't recognise the drive.

I'd say thats one serious piece of missing information wouldn't you Wingy! :smile:

<b><font color=purple>Listing your system specs, will greatly aid us, in being able to help you solve your problem.</font color=purple></b>

TRENDING THREADS