Closed

move windows address book

How can I save all my e-mail addresses from old computer so I can put them
in new one?
3 answers Last reply
More about move windows address book

    Martin

    Do a search for files with the extension .wab if using Outlook Express
    (Windows Address book) or .pst if using MS Outlook.. save them to CD, then
    'import' the address book into your new computer..

    Good luck

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Martin Knowlton" <mkrpa@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
    > How can I save all my e-mail addresses from old computer so I can put them
    > in new one?

    In article <XVqLe.239$Hx4.229@twister.nyroc.rr.com>, Martin Knowlton
    says...
    > How can I save all my e-mail addresses from old computer so I can put them
    > in new one?

    Search for wab files.
    --
    Conor

    If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened
    rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic
    music.

    "Martin Knowlton" <mkrpa@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

    >How can I save all my e-mail addresses from old computer so I can put them
    >in new one?

    Open your existing address book.

    Use File - Export - Address Book and save the content to a removable
    disk (e.g. CDRW drive) or other backup device.

    On the new computer use File - Import (in the address book of course)
    to import the saved data.

    You can also use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP
    to move more than just the address book, if that is of any interest to
    you. See the article by MVP Gary Woodruff at
    http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

Support Microsoft Computers Windows XP Books