Status
Not open for further replies.

How can I save all my e-mail addresses from old computer so I can put them
in new one?

Martin

Do a search for files with the extension .wab if using Outlook Express
(Windows Address book) or .pst if using MS Outlook.. save them to CD, then
'import' the address book into your new computer..

Good luck

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Martin Knowlton" <mkrpa@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
> How can I save all my e-mail addresses from old computer so I can put them
> in new one?

In article <XVqLe.239$Hx4.229@twister.nyroc.rr.com>, Martin Knowlton
says...
> How can I save all my e-mail addresses from old computer so I can put them
> in new one?

Search for wab files.
--
Conor

If Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened
rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic
music.

"Martin Knowlton" <mkrpa@nycap.rr.com> wrote:

>How can I save all my e-mail addresses from old computer so I can put them
>in new one?

Open your existing address book.

Use File - Export - Address Book and save the content to a removable
disk (e.g. CDRW drive) or other backup device.

On the new computer use File - Import (in the address book of course)
to import the saved data.

You can also use the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard in Windows XP
to move more than just the address book, if that is of any interest to
you. See the article by MVP Gary Woodruff at
http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--