Windows XP Pro Activation Problem/Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have installed OS Windows XP Pro. After Activation of windows was complete
I restarted the system. When the login screen comes up a message : You must
first activate windows before loggin in. I click ok,then the windows
activation window pops up and says "windows activation has been completed,
click ok to exit" so I click ok and it takes me back to the login screen.
This is a continuous cycle. I am confused why windows it says I need to
active it when the next screen say it has already been done. Help thanks

Is this a retail Windows XP or an OEM edition?

Do you have a dialup modem or a broadband internet connection? That's to ask, also, are you sure your internet connection was ON ?

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

"J" <J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have installed OS Windows XP Pro. After Activation of windows was complete
>I restarted the system. When the login screen comes up a message : You must
>first activate windows before loggin in. I click ok,then the windows
>activation window pops up and says "windows activation has been completed,
>click ok to exit" so I click ok and it takes me back to the login screen.
>This is a continuous cycle. I am confused why windows it says I need to
>active it when the next screen say it has already been done. Help thanks

Try booting your computer into Safe Mode and then repairing the
registry entries for the .DLL files used by Activation.

Use Start- Run and enter the following text in the dialog box:
regsvr32.exe regwizc.dll

Then do it again with the following text:
regsvr32.exe licdll.dll

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm

freda_84

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
i am also having a problem, my problem is someone gave me a computer with windows xp installed on it , but they did not activate it ,and i donot have the product key numbers to acitvate it .is there a site where i may get the numbers for free,or atleast somewhere i can at least get for one time only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS