Voodoo 5 5500 or g force 2 gts

Telicus

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2001
I am going to buy a new card and was wondering what would be the best for my system all im really going to do whit this card is play Ever quest the new expansion and do a little 3d rendering. I myself like voodoo5 but I would like to know if anyone can change my mind on that.

"yes I know my enemy they are the teachers that taught me to hate me"

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
I have try and put to the limits a Voodo 5500.Not sloppy and good graphic.Serious Radeon 64 meg DDR.

Wisdom dont come with time
Meilleur chance la prochaine fois

dhlucke

Polypheme
Only an idiot would buy the voodoo 5500. There couldn't be a stupider purchase than buying a videocard that isn't supported anymore. I have the voodoo3 and let me tell you, it's a bitch getting drivers. I spent hours finding hacked/modified drivers just to get my card working on WinXP.

The card might be ok, but without drivers it's not worth it. You'll be able to run it today, but who knows about tommorrow. Get a GForce2 or a Radeon.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

TWC

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2001
WWW.VOODOOFILES.COM HAS TONS OF DRIVERS AND TWEAKS FOR VOODOO CARDS.

If you harbor my enemy, You are my enemy.

dhlucke

Polypheme
All of drivers released are currently buggy in one way or another. I find myself having to replace the drivers back and forth depending on which game I'm playing. I haven't worked much with the XP ones yet, but they are not NEW drivers. All they have done is take files from here and there (different old driver packages) to get one to at least WORK on XP.

If you are going to buy a card, buy one that has support.

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
geforce 2 gts or pro.
+ detonator 21.81 drivers.
yum.

i went from 51 to 58 fps in serious sam just via a driver update. now that is cool.

Religious wars are 2 groups of people fighting over who has the best imaginary friend.