Why are files being deleted?

I frequently spot a pop-up window titled "Deleting Files", which appears for
only a second or two. Files which are being deleted are flashed so quickly
that I can't determine what they are. Afterwards there is some corruption,
the extent of which I haven't determined, except that my Connection Settings
for MSN9 Dial-up are clobbered, and I can't get online. I've been
successfully recovering from this situation by doing a System Restore, which
has been working well for the past two months, but I need to determine what
can be done to resolve the problem. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
--
Jack A

What do your antivirus and anti spyware programs tell you when you run them?
Which ones do you run? Are they 100% up-to-date?

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner
"If you knew as much as you think you know,

"Jack A." <JackA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I frequently spot a pop-up window titled "Deleting Files", which appears
>for
> only a second or two. Files which are being deleted are flashed so quickly
> that I can't determine what they are. Afterwards there is some corruption,
> the extent of which I haven't determined, except that my Connection
> Settings
> for MSN9 Dial-up are clobbered, and I can't get online. I've been
> successfully recovering from this situation by doing a System Restore,
> which
> has been working well for the past two months, but I need to determine
> what
> can be done to resolve the problem. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
> --
> Jack A

I keep Ad-Aware SE Personal and Norton Antivirus 2005 up-to-date, and run
each frequently. Also run RegistryRepair Pro, and Windows Clean-Up Pro
frequently. Nothing significant has been revealed by any of these programs
during the two-month period that I've been encountering subject problem.
Thanks for your interest.
--
Jack A

"Richard Urban [MVP]" wrote:

> What do your antivirus and anti spyware programs tell you when you run them?
> Which ones do you run? Are they 100% up-to-date?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> Quote from: George Ankner
> "If you knew as much as you think you know,
>
> "Jack A." <JackA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I frequently spot a pop-up window titled "Deleting Files", which appears
> >for
> > only a second or two. Files which are being deleted are flashed so quickly
> > that I can't determine what they are. Afterwards there is some corruption,
> > the extent of which I haven't determined, except that my Connection
> > Settings
> > for MSN9 Dial-up are clobbered, and I can't get online. I've been
> > successfully recovering from this situation by doing a System Restore,
> > which
> > has been working well for the past two months, but I need to determine
> > what
> > can be done to resolve the problem. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
> > --
> > Jack A

TRENDING THREADS