Nvidia Gerforce2 MX 400 Problems

tullyganny

Distinguished
May 31, 2001
Hi guys. I'm having a few problems with my Geforce 2 MX 400 and Unreal Tournament. Basically my frame rate is bad no matter what resolution I'm at. I have noticed this especially on the leve DM - Zeto where things get very very bad. If I go near the windows/portholes where the snow is falling outside things almost grind to a halt be it at 1024 x 768 16 bit colour, medium world and skin detail or at 800 X 600 with the same settings! I have even dropped the resolution to the lowest levels possible and it still slows down! Also on the Barracade level it is very slow. I have Serious Sam and things flow along well enough at 1024 X 768 with all the settings on.

Another thing is that the graphics card fails the 3D animation test in Fix It Utilities 4, should thid be happening? I am not sure if any of you have used this test, maybe I should use a different testing software? I only have my system a few months and I well pissed off. Perhaps though it is because I have an MX 400 and I am expecting too much form it! My friend has a TNT2 Ultra and has no problems at all. Can anyone tell me what may be wrong? The processor is an AMD 1.3Ghz and I have 256 MB of RAM.

Thanx :)

Negaverse23

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Did you install your AGP drivers for the mainboard?

<font color=red>It is the weakest link. They are not ready yet many have tried and failed with it.</font color=red>