My system hangs when the blue screen with the windows xp logo appears on
screen. It even does this in safe mode. Any ideas?

I'd do F-8 Function key selective bootup and try hard to use Last Known Good.

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

hogue wrote:
> My system hangs when the blue screen with the windows xp logo appears
> on screen. It even does this in safe mode. Any ideas?

If Maurice N's suggestion does not work you may like to look at:-
How to perform an in-place upgrade (reinstallation) of Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

How to Troubleshoot Registry Corruption Issues
http://support.microsoft.com/? id=822705

How to Recover from a Corrupted Registry that Prevents Windows XP from
Starting
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

How to back up, edit, and restore the registry in Windows XP and
Windows Server 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322756

andi

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

This just happened to us last night. Ourlaptop was doing an auto reboot
and all was well until it came to the blue XP screen and there it stayed.
Safe Mode - there it stays
Safe Mode .. Command Prompt - there it stays
And after the Last Known Good..... there it stays

Article of Reinstall XP said not to use this if XP was OEM installed and
our is.

What do we try next ......

"hogue" wrote:

> My system hangs when the blue screen with the windows xp logo appears on
> screen. It even does this in safe mode. Any ideas?

Did you get any help or resolve this issue?
--
Dinah

"hogue" wrote:

> My system hangs when the blue screen with the windows xp logo appears on
> screen. It even does this in safe mode. Any ideas?

Dinah,

Do 'you' have the same problem?

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

dinah wrote:
> Did you get any help or resolve this issue?
>
>> My system hangs when the blue screen with the windows xp logo
>> appears on screen. It even does this in safe mode. Any ideas?

Yes I do? are there any solutions for this issue?
--
Dinah