Leadtek Winfast GF Pro Question

justaguy

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2001
I recently purchased the card in question from Newegg. Previously I had been using a Gainward GF2 MX400 with good results. Anyway, after installing the Winfast card, everything went down the toilet. The GF2 Pro rendered EVERYTHING wrong. Even my wallpaper had miscolored pixels. And games/benchmarks-forget it. They all either locked up or looked like absolute crap- entire sections flickering, etc. The VIA website says that for a Winfast AGP card, you should install the AGP drivers first, then the VIA 4in1's. My questions are, why does it matter which drivers are installed first and do you guys think that it would be worth the trouble to uninstall the VIA 4/1's, swap the vid cards, re-install everything in the order VIA recommends and hope that it works?

My system:
Epox 8K7A
256 Mb Mushkin PC2100
Sony 30 gig 5400 RPM
more info upon request
Any responses are appreciated

If I were stupid, I would pay twice as much for a processor that is slower too. It's o.k.

HonestJhon

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2001
i say....try it the way that via suggests...
they have people that test out procedures for installing, and USUALLY know how to fix things..
also, did you try updating the video card drivers?
a newer version than the one on the disc may have been released from either the manufacturer or nvidia..(i dont know when the cd that came with it was produced)
good luck with the card...
and i am not sure, but the leadtek gf2 pro is pretty good for overclocking! have fun!! and dont spend too much time on hold with via...you might start to know the songs that they play on their hold...i started to learn the order of the songs that would be played on earthlink's tech support hold...especially when the dsl was first set up....

-DAvid

-Vacuums suck...really...-

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
leadtek winfast geforce 2 pro (32mb) here.

1. via 4in1 4.33v
2. directx 8.0a
3. detonator 21.81
4. NVmax for tuning

had quite a few problems until i upgraded to the latest detonators. much betta now.

what temp is your GPU running at? and ar u overclocking at all?

Religious wars are 2 groups of people fighting over who has the best imaginary friend.