Laptop Overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alb44

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Hey,

I recently bought a N46NZ (i5 3210, 8gb ram, geforce 650m ddr3).

Whilst I am very happy with it I am concerned at some heating issues whilst gaming.

I'm currently playing Assassins Creed 3, happyily on full gfx, but my CPU is leveling around high 80's in the 90's degrees celcius.

I haven't done any overclocking or playing with it, I can see the CPU's run at turbo frequency but can't find any settings to downclock it (bios or OS). I also use it raised on a hard surface.

Is this something I should be concerned with and take it back? Or pipe down and just buy a cooling pad?

Here's a ss of speedfan:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/albeal/8481143249/in/photostream

Thanks
Al

Alb44

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
just a little concerned if its reducing the laptops life. I see Ivy Bridge have a max of 105. I've had 96, which is a little close to comfort.

What kinda temps do other people hit?

Hi :)

Most... between 80 to 95 when gaming... lappies don't have the spare air space for great cooling...as you noticed lol...

Cooling pad WILL help and its about the only option that will help...

All the best Brett :)

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Other option which may drop the temp a bit is better thermal paste on the cpu, remove the old paste an apply some good paste. And while your in there clean out the laptop. Cooling pad may not be required just raise up the laptop so the fan can freely suck in air.

Status
Not open for further replies.