Sign in with
Your question

Dell Inspriron n5010 shuts down after 10-15secs ! Help!

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
February 17, 2013 12:19:16 PM

Hey Guys,
I have search the web alot but haven't found a solution yet.
i have same exact problem as this guys
Here:
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/35...
and here :

http://www.techenclave.com/laptops/dell-inspiron-n5010-...

If someone is too lazy to open the thread here is the quote from techenclave (second link) post.

Quote:
My friend has a Dell Inspiron N5010. Unfortunately it is out of warranty now.

The problem is that the laptop just simply powers off within 15-20 seconds of powering it on.

- It's not a hard disk issue since no matter where I am it will power off, even if in the BIOS.

- I have tried using only 1 ram stick and using it in each slot, no change. Though I haven't checked using a different ram stick, I doubt both of the sticks would go bad suddenly.

- I had disassembled the whole thing and reapplied thermal paste on the CPU/GPU heatsink. The fan works fine. No use.

- I tried to boot into the Dell diagnostics menu and it passes a few tests before powering off.

Is there anything else I can do? The only option I can think of now is to give it to Dell. They'll charge quite a lot just for checking and then whatever the costs for replacing what's gone bad.

I tried same thing this guy did before i found his post !!
Reallt my laptop isn't overheating and i had cleaned all the vents and dust from my lappy today!
These seems to be very common problem but there is no solution Afaik.

Please help me ?
Pardon my poor grammer please
a b D Laptop
February 17, 2013 12:47:16 PM

maybe its the power supply? try it with another one if you can
m
l
February 17, 2013 1:00:45 PM

te100 said:
maybe its the power supply? try it with another one if you can

I recently got it replaced. how can i know if its really power supply fault ?
This thing ia dying on me !
m
l
Related resources
February 18, 2013 1:15:17 AM

No solution ? I am lost !
i think i have to sell and buy a new one. Fck Dell !
m
l
a c 220 D Laptop
February 18, 2013 12:15:51 PM

The problem you have is a component when it is power up the heat inside make it defective. It could be any component in the supply circuit, only a technician could find the defective component.
m
l
May 18, 2013 9:53:33 PM

I had same problem. I cleaned vents on bottom and side with compressed air and immediately noticed a dramatic temp drop and no more shut downs. give it a try. Cheers.
m
l
June 19, 2013 1:34:17 AM

ChairmanSaab said:
Hey Guys,
I have search the web alot but haven't found a solution yet.
i have same exact problem as this guys
Here:
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/35...
and here :

http://www.techenclave.com/laptops/dell-inspiron-n5010-...

If someone is too lazy to open the thread here is the quote from techenclave (second link) post.

Quote:
My friend has a Dell Inspiron N5010. Unfortunately it is out of warranty now.

The problem is that the laptop just simply powers off within 15-20 seconds of powering it on.

- It's not a hard disk issue since no matter where I am it will power off, even if in the BIOS.

- I have tried using only 1 ram stick and using it in each slot, no change. Though I haven't checked using a different ram stick, I doubt both of the sticks would go bad suddenly.

- I had disassembled the whole thing and reapplied thermal paste on the CPU/GPU heatsink. The fan works fine. No use.

- I tried to boot into the Dell diagnostics menu and it passes a few tests before powering off.

Is there anything else I can do? The only option I can think of now is to give it to Dell. They'll charge quite a lot just for checking and then whatever the costs for replacing what's gone bad.

I tried same thing this guy did before i found his post !!
Reallt my laptop isn't overheating and i had cleaned all the vents and dust from my lappy today!
These seems to be very common problem but there is no solution Afaik.

Please help me ?
Pardon my poor grammer please

m
l
January 2, 2014 10:54:01 PM

Hi,

I am also using Insprion N5010 and faced the same heat,shutdown issue.

the solution is to change the motherboard , heatsink and system fan.

This model is one of the failure from DELL and faced this issued 3 times in last 3 years
m
l
February 1, 2014 9:25:14 AM

I am having the exact problem described here, it was turning itself off as restarting at random yesterday afternoon and now I wont boot up at all.

What gives?! HELP!!
m
l
July 2, 2014 1:49:57 AM

Dudes !

I've the same problem with Inspiron N5010. There's no solution except throwing away this piece of crap as it happened to be a great failure from Dell for this very model. The root cause is it's heating up problem which sucks the power system ultimately.
m
l
6 minutes ago

chek ur bettry or maybe heatseal problme..

same issue was in my dell N1050 laptop

but nowits working properly..

Gud Luck
m
l
!