Quick Shutdown

Greetings,
I had a Quick Shutdown icon that I placed on my desktop that would
shave at least a minute from the shutdown of Windows XP. But I forgot
the Target and the Start In entries in Propertires that I had entered
when I reformatted my hard-drive. Does anyone know what to enter to
acheive this "Quick Shutdown"?

Thanks,

Paul Ostrof
1 answer Last reply
More about quick shutdown

    Shutdown & Reboot Shortcuts

    Desktop Shutdown Shortcut
    Right click the desktop | New | Shortcut | Create Shortcut Wizard opens |
    Type or paste: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 00 |
    Next | Type name like: SHUTDOWN | Finish | Right click the new shortcut |
    Make sure Start in has: %windir%

    Desktop Reboot Shortcut
    Right click the desktop | New | Shortcut | Create Shortcut Wizard opens |
    Type or paste: %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -r -t 00 |
    Next | Type name like: REBOOT | Finish | Right click the new shortcut |
    Make sure Start in has: %windir%

    Customize the icons
    Right click each shortcut | Properties | Shortcut tab | Change Icon button

    You can assign a Shortcut key...

    1. Locate the program file (.exe) or the program's shortcut icon.
    Right-click the program file or shortcut, and then click Properties.

    2. Click the Shortcut tab.

    3. With the cursor in the Shortcut key box, select the keyboard key you
    want to use in combination with CTRL+ALT. Shortcut keys automatically start
    with CTRL+ALT. The Shortcut key box will display None until you select the
    key and then the box will display Ctrl+Alt+the key you selected. You cannot
    use the ESC, ENTER, TAB, SPACEBAR, PRINT SCREEN, SHIFT, or BACKSPACE keys.

    Note
    Once you assign a shortcut key combination for a specific program, you will
    not be able to use that key combination with other programs.

    If you forget the key combination for your shortcut, you can follow steps 1
    & 2 and review your shortcut keys.

    Shortcut tab
    Lists the shortcut name, target information, and shortcut key. Allows you to
    choose the way the item is displayed when you open the shortcut: in a
    standard window, a full screen (maximized), or as a button on the taskbar
    (minimized). Also allows you to view the shortcut's target, change the icon
    for the shortcut, and open a shortcut as a different user.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:tunuf1liah8lm4s2kv6j1765mqksh4ia65@4ax.com,
    Paul Ostrof <postrof@comcast.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Greetings,
    > I had a Quick Shutdown icon that I placed on my desktop that would
    > shave at least a minute from the shutdown of Windows XP. But I forgot
    > the Target and the Start In entries in Propertires that I had entered
    > when I reformatted my hard-drive. Does anyone know what to enter to
    > acheive this "Quick Shutdown"?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Paul Ostrof

Microsoft Shutdown Windows XP