Dell ripping off customers in service departments

xris24

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2004
dell, in my honest opinion, is like the sketchy car mechanic where you go in with a broken taillight, and leave with squeky brakes, go in to fix the brakes, and oops, now the transmission is magicly messed up.

a girl that works with me had her dell crash pretty bad, she said her HD broke (who knows what it really was, to her the whole case is a HD) so she brought to their service and they fixed it and gave it back. she asked me for some help, so it would happen again (she lost alot of schoolwork and songs, etc...) so i installed norton system works.

she had the same HD problem as before but this time they blamed the NSW. o_O and they charged her $100 because they said it was the fault of a third party program. utter bs!
funny thing is, when she got into an argument with the guy, she pointed to the shelf behind him, and there was a brand new box of the NSW software (same as i had installed) but they insisted that since they didnt install it for her, she had to pay the $100.

I was wondering about that myself... I know Dell does third-party service through companies such as Unisys and Getronics here in Canada. There is really no such thing as a 'Dell service center' here.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>

chandanarahul

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2003
yeah! even in US, Dell works with some other third party service providers...., even gateway and hp has tie-ups with the same service providers...,