Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Inspiron 9300 experiences

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 7, 2005 1:04:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices, but
I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300, particularly
at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other manufacturer I look at is
in the $1900 range.

So, even given my Dell bias :) , I'm leaning that way.

Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just observations,
but they would be helpful.

Tom
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 7, 2005 2:01:50 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Tom...

My daughters 9300 arrived last week. Georgeous display. I am very impressed
with the machine so far. I took the advice I found in some other threads in
this ng and tweaked the display. Changed the rsolution from the default
W-UXGA 1920x1200 to W-XGA 1280x800, Scaled back to 96 DPI and used small
icons as well as enabling Clear Type and going with Tacoma 8 pt font. A
great improvement over the default.

Hard to beat the prices offered these days on this machine.

--

Bob Andrews


"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
news:LT2pe.69500$VH2.33918@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
>I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices,
>but I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300,
>particularly at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other manufacturer
>I look at is in the $1900 range.
>
> So, even given my Dell bias :) , I'm leaning that way.
>
> Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just observations,
> but they would be helpful.
>
> Tom
>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 7, 2005 2:53:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Genuinely I love mine - the screen is fantastic - everything just works for
me!

HTH

Wes

--
Blue Wezza

London Marathon Donation Page:
http://www.justgiving.com/wesleyobrien
"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
news:LT2pe.69500$VH2.33918@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
>
> I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices,
> but I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300,
> particularly at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other
> manufacturer I look at is in the $1900 range.
>
> So, even given my Dell bias :) , I'm leaning that way.
>
> Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just observations,
> but they would be helpful.
>
> Tom
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 7, 2005 3:47:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

New Inspiron 9300 Centrino Notebook with 17in screen $818 shipped free

New Inspiron 9300 Desktop replacement Centrino Notebook 7.85lb using the new
Intel Mobile 915 Express chipset (Supports DDR2, 533Mhz bus processors,
etc), Pentium M 730 1.6Ghz 256MB DDR2/40GB, CDRW/DVD, Huge 17" Wide XGA+
Screen, ATI X300 Video card, 56k Modem, Ethernet, Intel 802.11g wireless
card, 6 months ISP, 1yr warranty, Word Perfect, XP Home $1568 - $750 off
$1499 coupon
code: LLWP929VNQXM0$ = $818 shipped free.

Start here - Apply coupon at checkout. XP Media Center Edition 2005 only
+$39.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
news:LT2pe.69500$VH2.33918@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
>I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices,
>but
> I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300,
> particularly
> at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other manufacturer I look at
> is
> in the $1900 range.
>
> So, even given my Dell bias :) , I'm leaning that way.
>
> Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just observations,
> but they would be helpful.
>
> Tom
>
>


begin 666 emailit.gif
M1TE&.#EA#P`+`)$``/7#*:N..=2I)$9)7B'Y! ``````+ `````/``L```(O
MG(]IP.UPQ'ANR"DI%'""7'%=$WA0P%S-4+:6H)[?6\*&%, Z[!KY+@@(2XKB
$H0``.P``
`
end
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 7, 2005 4:03:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Gotta specific link?


"WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Yf5pe.1607$751.711@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...
> New Inspiron 9300 Centrino Notebook with 17in screen $818 shipped free
>
> New Inspiron 9300 Desktop replacement Centrino Notebook 7.85lb using the
> new Intel Mobile 915 Express chipset (Supports DDR2, 533Mhz bus
> processors, etc), Pentium M 730 1.6Ghz 256MB DDR2/40GB, CDRW/DVD, Huge 17"
> Wide XGA+ Screen, ATI X300 Video card, 56k Modem, Ethernet, Intel 802.11g
> wireless card, 6 months ISP, 1yr warranty, Word Perfect, XP Home $1568 -
> $750 off $1499 coupon
> code: LLWP929VNQXM0$ = $818 shipped free.
>
> Start here - Apply coupon at checkout. XP Media Center Edition 2005 only
> +$39.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
> news:LT2pe.69500$VH2.33918@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
>>I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices,
>>but
>> I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300,
>> particularly
>> at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other manufacturer I look at
>> is
>> in the $1900 range.
>>
>> So, even given my Dell bias :) , I'm leaning that way.
>>
>> Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just observations,
>> but they would be helpful.
>>
>> Tom
>>
>>
>
>
>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 7, 2005 5:40:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

http://dealnews.com/

Limited to first 1000 uses. Looks like it already expired.

"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
news:Av5pe.101923$w15.59496@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> Gotta specific link?
>
>
> "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:Yf5pe.1607$751.711@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com...
>> New Inspiron 9300 Centrino Notebook with 17in screen $818 shipped free
>>
>> New Inspiron 9300 Desktop replacement Centrino Notebook 7.85lb using the
>> new Intel Mobile 915 Express chipset (Supports DDR2, 533Mhz bus
>> processors, etc), Pentium M 730 1.6Ghz 256MB DDR2/40GB, CDRW/DVD, Huge
>> 17" Wide XGA+ Screen, ATI X300 Video card, 56k Modem, Ethernet, Intel
>> 802.11g wireless card, 6 months ISP, 1yr warranty, Word Perfect, XP Home
>> $1568 - $750 off $1499 coupon
>> code: LLWP929VNQXM0$ = $818 shipped free.
>>
>> Start here - Apply coupon at checkout. XP Media Center Edition 2005 only
>> +$39.
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
>> news:LT2pe.69500$VH2.33918@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
>>>I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices,
>>>but
>>> I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300,
>>> particularly
>>> at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other manufacturer I look at
>>> is
>>> in the $1900 range.
>>>
>>> So, even given my Dell bias :) , I'm leaning that way.
>>>
>>> Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just
>>> observations,
>>> but they would be helpful.
>>>
>>> Tom
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 7, 2005 9:14:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
news:LT2pe.69500$VH2.33918@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
>I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices,
>but I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300,
>particularly at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other manufacturer
>I look at is in the $1900 range.
>
> So, even given my Dell bias :) , I'm leaning that way.
>
> Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just observations,
> but they would be helpful.
>
> Tom

anyone in the UK got one of these?

I'm thinking of buying one:

http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?cs...

gets one delivered for a shade under £800 so any feedback appreciated
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 7, 2005 12:17:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Very pleased with mine. Weight is not as big an issue as I was worried (I
upgraded from I5000/I5000e). Nice to have most stuff built in (Bluetooth,
network card, etc.). No serial port, no parallel port. Six USB2 ports !!!
Very bland appearance (all flat finish silver). Came with one stuck on red
pixel that self healed in a few hours (??).

Not as fast as I had hoped (Centrino 1.6 GHz, 1 gig ram 533 FSB); I was
converting some dvr-ms files to mpeg and it would convert at about 1/3 real
time (one sec of converted video required 3 secs of machine processing), but
on a Dimension 2350 with 512 meg ram it would convert in near real time.
Really puzzled by this.

Mike


"Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
news:LT2pe.69500$VH2.33918@tornado.tampabay.rr.com...
> I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices,
but
> I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300,
particularly
> at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other manufacturer I look at
is
> in the $1900 range.
>
> So, even given my Dell bias :) , I'm leaning that way.
>
> Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just observations,
> but they would be helpful.
>
> Tom
>
>
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 7, 2005 2:13:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:04:43 GMT, "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net>
wrote:

>I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices, but
>I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300, particularly
>at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other manufacturer I look at is
>in the $1900 range.
>
>So, even given my Dell bias :) , I'm leaning that way.
>
>Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just observations,
>but they would be helpful.
>
>Tom
>

go my 9300 just last week:

I got a 1.86Ghz
1GB Ram
100GB HDD
Nvidia GeForce go 6800 256MB


all in all it cost me 2500CHF (around 1700-1800$). I genuinely love
this machine, it runs just like a charm. I now run a dual-boot
environment with WinXP and Linux and both OS run perfectly so far. I
had some minor trouble with the internal wireless adapter (Intel
2200BG) but they got resolved once I switched to the older drivers.

All in all I'd say that this machine is well worth its money and I
just love the WUXGA resolution.
!