Inspiron 9300 experiences

I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices, but
I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300, particularly
at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other manufacturer I look at is
in the $1900 range.

So, even given my Dell bias :), I'm leaning that way.

Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just observations,
but they would be helpful.

Tom
8 answers Last reply
More about inspiron 9300 experiences

    Tom...

    My daughters 9300 arrived last week. Georgeous display. I am very impressed
    with the machine so far. I took the advice I found in some other threads in
    this ng and tweaked the display. Changed the rsolution from the default
    W-UXGA 1920x1200 to W-XGA 1280x800, Scaled back to 96 DPI and used small
    icons as well as enabling Clear Type and going with Tacoma 8 pt font. A
    great improvement over the default.

    Hard to beat the prices offered these days on this machine.

    --

    Bob Andrews

    >I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices,
    >but I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300,
    >particularly at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other manufacturer
    >I look at is in the $1900 range.
    >
    > So, even given my Dell bias :), I'm leaning that way.
    >
    > Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just observations,
    > but they would be helpful.
    >
    > Tom

    Genuinely I love mine - the screen is fantastic - everything just works for
    me!

    HTH

    Wes

    --
    Blue Wezza

    London Marathon Donation Page:
    http://www.justgiving.com/wesleyobrien

    > I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices,
    > but I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300,
    > particularly at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other
    > manufacturer I look at is in the $1900 range.
    >
    > So, even given my Dell bias :), I'm leaning that way.
    >
    > Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just observations,
    > but they would be helpful.
    >
    > Tom

    New Inspiron 9300 Centrino Notebook with 17in screen $818 shipped free

    New Inspiron 9300 Desktop replacement Centrino Notebook 7.85lb using the new
    Intel Mobile 915 Express chipset (Supports DDR2, 533Mhz bus processors,
    etc), Pentium M 730 1.6Ghz 256MB DDR2/40GB, CDRW/DVD, Huge 17" Wide XGA+
    Screen, ATI X300 Video card, 56k Modem, Ethernet, Intel 802.11g wireless
    card, 6 months ISP, 1yr warranty, Word Perfect, XP Home $1568 - $750 off
    $1499 coupon
    code: LLWP929VNQXM0$ = $818 shipped free.

    Start here - Apply coupon at checkout. XP Media Center Edition 2005 only
    +$39.

    >I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices,
    >but
    > I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300,
    > particularly
    > at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other manufacturer I look at
    > is
    > in the $1900 range.
    >
    > So, even given my Dell bias :), I'm leaning that way.
    >
    > Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just observations,
    > but they would be helpful.
    >
    > Tom

    begin 666 emailit.gif
    M1TE&.#EA#P`+`)$``/7#*:N..=2I)$9)7B'Y! ``````+ `````/``L```(O
    MG(]IP.UPQ'ANR"DI%'""7'%=$WA0P%S-4+:6H)[?6\*&%, Z[!KY+@@(2XKB
    $H0``.P``
    `
    end

    Gotta specific link?

    > New Inspiron 9300 Centrino Notebook with 17in screen $818 shipped free
    >
    > New Inspiron 9300 Desktop replacement Centrino Notebook 7.85lb using the
    > new Intel Mobile 915 Express chipset (Supports DDR2, 533Mhz bus
    > processors, etc), Pentium M 730 1.6Ghz 256MB DDR2/40GB, CDRW/DVD, Huge 17"
    > Wide XGA+ Screen, ATI X300 Video card, 56k Modem, Ethernet, Intel 802.11g
    > wireless card, 6 months ISP, 1yr warranty, Word Perfect, XP Home $1568 -
    > $750 off $1499 coupon
    > code: LLWP929VNQXM0$ = $818 shipped free.
    >
    > Start here - Apply coupon at checkout. XP Media Center Edition 2005 only
    > +$39.

    >>I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices,
    >>but
    >> I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300,
    >> particularly
    >> at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other manufacturer I look at
    >> is
    >> in the $1900 range.
    >>
    >> So, even given my Dell bias :), I'm leaning that way.
    >>
    >> Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just observations,
    >> but they would be helpful.
    >>
    >> Tom

    http://dealnews.com/

    Limited to first 1000 uses. Looks like it already expired.

    > Gotta specific link?
    >

    > "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> New Inspiron 9300 Centrino Notebook with 17in screen $818 shipped free
    >>
    >> New Inspiron 9300 Desktop replacement Centrino Notebook 7.85lb using the
    >> new Intel Mobile 915 Express chipset (Supports DDR2, 533Mhz bus
    >> processors, etc), Pentium M 730 1.6Ghz 256MB DDR2/40GB, CDRW/DVD, Huge
    >> 17" Wide XGA+ Screen, ATI X300 Video card, 56k Modem, Ethernet, Intel
    >> 802.11g wireless card, 6 months ISP, 1yr warranty, Word Perfect, XP Home
    >> $1568 - $750 off $1499 coupon
    >> code: LLWP929VNQXM0$ = $818 shipped free.
    >>
    >> Start here - Apply coupon at checkout. XP Media Center Edition 2005 only
    >> +$39.

    >> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
    >>>I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices,
    >>>but
    >>> I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300,
    >>> particularly
    >>> at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other manufacturer I look at
    >>> is
    >>> in the $1900 range.
    >>>
    >>> So, even given my Dell bias :), I'm leaning that way.
    >>>
    >>> Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just
    >>> observations,
    >>> but they would be helpful.
    >>>
    >>> Tom

    >I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices,
    >but I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300,
    >particularly at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other manufacturer
    >I look at is in the $1900 range.
    >
    > So, even given my Dell bias :), I'm leaning that way.
    >
    > Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just observations,
    > but they would be helpful.
    >
    > Tom

    anyone in the UK got one of these?

    I'm thinking of buying one:

    http://configure.euro.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?cs=ukdhs1&kc=npuk4&oc=n06931&x=5&y=6

    gets one delivered for a shade under £800 so any feedback appreciated

    Very pleased with mine. Weight is not as big an issue as I was worried (I
    upgraded from I5000/I5000e). Nice to have most stuff built in (Bluetooth,
    network card, etc.). No serial port, no parallel port. Six USB2 ports !!!
    Very bland appearance (all flat finish silver). Came with one stuck on red
    pixel that self healed in a few hours (??).

    Not as fast as I had hoped (Centrino 1.6 GHz, 1 gig ram 533 FSB); I was
    converting some dvr-ms files to mpeg and it would convert at about 1/3 real
    time (one sec of converted video required 3 secs of machine processing), but
    on a Dimension 2350 with 512 meg ram it would convert in near real time.
    Really puzzled by this.

    Mike

    On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 21:04:43 GMT, "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net>
    wrote:

    >I am considering a Wide screen, 17" laptop. Dell is one of the choices, but
    >I am looking at others. My challenge is that I can get a 9300, particularly
    >at the outlet, in the $1200 range and every other manufacturer I look at is
    >in the $1900 range.
    >
    >So, even given my Dell bias :), I'm leaning that way.
    >
    >Any comments by users on the 9300? I realize they are just observations,
    >but they would be helpful.
    >
    >Tom

    go my 9300 just last week:

    I got a 1.86Ghz
    1GB Ram
    100GB HDD
    Nvidia GeForce go 6800 256MB

    all in all it cost me 2500CHF (around 1700-1800$). I genuinely love
    this machine, it runs just like a charm. I now run a dual-boot
    environment with WinXP and Linux and both OS run perfectly so far. I
    had some minor trouble with the internal wireless adapter (Intel
    2200BG) but they got resolved once I switched to the older drivers.

    All in all I'd say that this machine is well worth its money and I
    just love the WUXGA resolution.

Dell Laptops Inspiron Computers Product