No WAN Acess with Wireless on MR814

With this particular laptop, Toshiba Tecra M1, I cannot get either of
the following adapters to ping outside the MR814 router:

Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 LAN 3B Mini PCI Adapter
Avaya Gold

I have updated router to firmware 4.14 RC4. I can ping the router IP and
local network machines, but cannot ping the DNS or outside IP addresses.
I can also access the router's settings page with both NIC.

My friend has same router and same thing happens there too with this laptop.

Any ideas? Thanks.

DonMiche <m_h@bigfoot.com> wrote in

> With this particular laptop, Toshiba Tecra M1, I cannot get either of
> the following adapters to ping outside the MR814 router:
>
> Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 LAN 3B Mini PCI Adapter
> Avaya Gold
>
> I have updated router to firmware 4.14 RC4. I can ping the router IP
> and local network machines, but cannot ping the DNS or outside IP
> addresses. I can also access the router's settings page with both NIC.
>
> My friend has same router and same thing happens there too with this
> laptop.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks.

What IP is the machine getting? If the IP starts with 169 then it's a sign
that the machine cannot get a IP from the DHCP server that's going allow
the machine to access the WAN. The 169. IP will allow the machines to
access each other on the LAN. That's if you're getting the 169 IP, which
usually indicates there is a misconfiguration with the NIC and it could
also lead to the TCP/IP Stack on the mahine being hosed *locked* and cannot
release the 169 IP.

What O/S?

Duane :)