Network Cable Unplugged error message

I am trying to set up a network on a windows XP machine, however after
going through the network set up wizard it gives me this error, this is
happening when I use the ethernet hub but if I connect the RJ45 cable
directly through the 2 PC's it does not give this error message, it is
only when using the hub I have tested the other PC with the cable and
hub and it seems fine, network cards and cables have been tested and
they are fine to.
Any advice? thanks..dazurik

--
dazurik

To connect two computers together directly, you need a "crossover" cable -
that is apparently what you have if they work OK. To connect through a hub,
you would need a "straight through" cable. I have an ethernet switch rather
than a hub, which can use either type, but if you have a plain hub, the
crossover cable will probably not work.

Jim