I may have a problem with a netbus Trojan horse, I think.

Once or twice a week Norton Internet Securities detects a possible netbus
torjan horse attack. This has been happening for months. They are usually
from different IP's, mostly from Europe or Asia. I have run Ad-aware and
spybot, but have found nothing, and it keeps happening.

What could the problem be, and how can I possibly fix it?

Thanks

Norton Internet Security blocks these attacks and is so proud of this that
it tells you of that fact every time it happens. I do notify use Norton
anything, but see if there is an option to not notify you of every little
attack. There may be a Do not show this message again checkbox in the
messages themselves, check it.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:F66B19B5-D3D5-4D63-A922-B94044C11174@microsoft.com,
Bigdaddyhen <Bigdaddyhen@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> I may have a problem with a netbus Trojan horse, I think.
>
> Once or twice a week Norton Internet Securities detects a possible netbus
> torjan horse attack. This has been happening for months. They are usually
> from different IP's, mostly from Europe or Asia. I have run Ad-aware and
> spybot, but have found nothing, and it keeps happening.
>
> What could the problem be, and how can I possibly fix it?
>
> Thanks

There is no problem, your firewall is doing it's job by blocking it. Someone
is trying to hack into your system.

"Bigdaddyhen" <Bigdaddyhen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I may have a problem with a netbus Trojan horse, I think.
>
> Once or twice a week Norton Internet Securities detects a possible netbus
> torjan horse attack. This has been happening for months. They are usually
> from different IP's, mostly from Europe or Asia. I have run Ad-aware and
> spybot, but have found nothing, and it keeps happening.
>
> What could the problem be, and how can I possibly fix it?
>
> Thanks

So it is nothing on my system trying to connect out, but someone trying to
get in?

"pcbutts1" wrote:

> There is no problem, your firewall is doing it's job by blocking it. Someone
> is trying to hack into your system.

> "Bigdaddyhen" <Bigdaddyhen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I may have a problem with a netbus Trojan horse, I think.
> >
> > Once or twice a week Norton Internet Securities detects a possible netbus
> > torjan horse attack. This has been happening for months. They are usually
> > from different IP's, mostly from Europe or Asia. I have run Ad-aware and
> > spybot, but have found nothing, and it keeps happening.
> >
> > What could the problem be, and how can I possibly fix it?
> >
> > Thanks

That is correct.

> So it is nothing on my system trying to connect out, but someone trying to
> get in?
>
> "pcbutts1" wrote:
>
>> There is no problem, your firewall is doing it's job by blocking it.
>> Someone
>> is trying to hack into your system.
>>
>> --

>> "Bigdaddyhen" <Bigdaddyhen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I may have a problem with a netbus Trojan horse, I think.
>> >
>> > Once or twice a week Norton Internet Securities detects a possible
>> > netbus
>> > torjan horse attack. This has been happening for months. They are
>> > usually
>> > from different IP's, mostly from Europe or Asia. I have run Ad-aware
>> > and
>> > spybot, but have found nothing, and it keeps happening.
>> >
>> > What could the problem be, and how can I possibly fix it?
>> >
>> > Thanks

I am still a bit concerned. Since I posted this last, they have been coming
almost everyday. They are not coming from random locations. At least half
are coming from Korea. Why do these keeping coming, and from the relative
same location. I don't have a static IP. I am assuming not everyone gets
4-5 a week, so why am I getting so many?
I am still concerned there is something on my system that is making me a
target. I have used spybot and ad-aware again, and still found nothing more
than cookies. Does anyone have any suggestions for any other programs?

"pcbutts1" wrote:

> That is correct.

> "Bigdaddyhen" <Bigdaddyhen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > So it is nothing on my system trying to connect out, but someone trying to
> > get in?
> >
> > "pcbutts1" wrote:
> >
> >> There is no problem, your firewall is doing it's job by blocking it.
> >> Someone
> >> is trying to hack into your system.
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >> The best live web video on the internet http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
> >> NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
> >> See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
> >> Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
> >>

> >> "Bigdaddyhen" <Bigdaddyhen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Go here and run ShieldsUP
http://grc.com/
This will show if you have any ports that are not hidden............then do
a google for ZoneAlarm and install it.
are already using a good firewall.
Also notify your Internet Service provider about these attacks.
peterk

>I am still a bit concerned. Since I posted this last, they have been
>coming
> almost everyday. They are not coming from random locations. At least
> half
> are coming from Korea. Why do these keeping coming, and from the relative
> same location. I don't have a static IP. I am assuming not everyone gets
> 4-5 a week, so why am I getting so many?
> I am still concerned there is something on my system that is making me a
> target. I have used spybot and ad-aware again, and still found nothing
> more
> than cookies. Does anyone have any suggestions for any other programs?
>
> "pcbutts1" wrote:
>
>> That is correct.
>>
>> --

>> "Bigdaddyhen" <Bigdaddyhen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > So it is nothing on my system trying to connect out, but someone trying
>> > get in?

ShieldsUP found nothing at all. I am running NIS with their firewall.