Drives 4 & 5 not found

When I turn on or restart my computer, I get the following error message:

Drive 4 not found: Parallel ATA, PATA-0 (PRI IDE MASTER)
Drive 5 not found: Parrelle ATA, PATA-1 (PRI IDE SLAVE)

I can hit F1 and the system seems to run fine, but I cannot access the drives?

Thanks

dl

Are the drives seen in the bios?

"Thurm" <Thurm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I turn on or restart my computer, I get the following error message:
>
> Drive 4 not found: Parallel ATA, PATA-0 (PRI IDE MASTER)
> Drive 5 not found: Parrelle ATA, PATA-1 (PRI IDE SLAVE)
>
> I can hit F1 and the system seems to run fine, but I cannot access the
drives?

> Thanks

no

"DL" wrote:

> Are the drives seen in the bios?
>
> "Thurm" <Thurm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I turn on or restart my computer, I get the following error message:
> >
> > Drive 4 not found: Parallel ATA, PATA-0 (PRI IDE MASTER)
> > Drive 5 not found: Parrelle ATA, PATA-1 (PRI IDE SLAVE)
> >
> > I can hit F1 and the system seems to run fine, but I cannot access the
> drives?
> >
> > Thanks

Jim

> no
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
>> Are the drives seen in the bios?
>>
>> "Thurm" <Thurm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I turn on or restart my computer, I get the following error
>> > message:
>> >
>> > Drive 4 not found: Parallel ATA, PATA-0 (PRI IDE MASTER)
>> > Drive 5 not found: Parrelle ATA, PATA-1 (PRI IDE SLAVE)
>> >
>> > I can hit F1 and the system seems to run fine, but I cannot access the
>> drives?
>> >
>> > Thanks

Until you can get the BIOS to recognize the disks, it is futile to expect
Windows to find them.
Perhaps the controller has died?
Jim

jbarrera

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2009
The drives are in the bios. But I still get the message