video card error??

G

i keep having problems with what appears to be my video card (tnt2 m64) ive had these issues before, when playing online games, the system will suddenly crash. sometimes when i try and alt-tab to desktop, other times just when a game starts. the error codes vary. i am running win2k. i have changed drivers several times in the past week, and all seem to fail (yes i have been removing the old drivers using det. destroyer) i just cant seem to figure out the problem......should i just get a new video card (gainward geforce2 pro)or is the tnt2 ok, it seems to be picky with drivers......or could this be a heat issue.....the cpu temp hovers around 110deg f
thanks

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hmmms
heat seems ok.

i too started of with a tnt2 pro with win2k.
it blue screened every time i tried to alt tab from a game.
sp2 fixed that.

what i recommend is update everything you can. all your drivers. bios, mobo, video all of em.
also, try reseating your card just in case.

Religious wars are 2 groups of people fighting over who has the best imaginary friend.

G

well, the problem is, it wont run on new drivers....the card crashes most on newer drivers, im running sp2, and im on the newest via drivers, however i havent flashed the bios......im just wondering if its the video card thats the real problem? and if i should just upgrade to a geforce2 pro, since i play alot of online 3d games

G

currently im running an 800mhz duron, 512mb of pc133 ram, soyo k7vta-b mother board, on win2k with a 32mb tnt2 m64

G

any ideas on what would be better? i was thinking of ordering a gainward geforce2 pro 64mb....but ive also heard the kyro 2 isnt bad